Tim Brewster to coach TE's

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Very excited about this...if Mullen can shift responsibilities he’s got a good plan going forward

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
For as good as of a recruiter as Brewster is....he has put some TEs on all conference teams...damn good hire

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For as good as of a recruiter as Brewster is....he has put some TEs on all conference teams...damn good hire
tight end coaches don't really coach much.

the drills tend to be blocking drills in which they work with the offensive line coach and pass catching drills in which they run with the wide receivers coaches.

my no one believes that knox is the reason we had a productive tight end of season do they? that's the result of good recruiting

tight end Coach was only added about a decade and a half ago when we expanded coaching staffs. it really meant to be that place where you tuck a stud recruiter. he seems to fit the bill.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

the drills tend to be blocking drills in which they work with the offensive line coach and pass catching drills in which they run with the wide receivers coaches.

my no one believes that knox is the reason we had a productive tight end of season do they? that's the result of good recruiting

tight end Coach was only added about a decade and a half ago when we expanded coaching staffs. it really meant to be that place where you tuck a stud recruiter. he seems to fit the bill.

Well if Knox coached TEs I might follow what youre saying...

Bit early to be boozing

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"Meh hire. 59 year old white dude who used to coach at FSU. No thanks!" - Donk

Maybe Scott will offer Knox and English OC/DC jobs at Howard

Not sure if you're kidding. Knox makes $450K, he'd make less than $150K as a coordinator at Howard. Ain't happening. Mullen said he may shift some duties around, we'll see. I'm not holding my breath, but Mullen should move Knox (at least) to an off field position (allowing him to keep a job while looking for another on-field position elsewhere). That's how Saban usually handles it, and you can't argue w/ his success handling assistant coaches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Well, Lord knows our TE's need to learn how to block better!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone know if this mofo can coach ST’s?

Here's his bio:

2020 - University of Florida, TBD
2019- North Carolina Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends
2018 Texas A&M Tight Ends
2013-17 Florida State Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator
2012-13 Mississippi State Wide Receivers
2007-10 Minnesota Head Coach
2005-07 Denver Broncos Tight Ends
2002-05 San Diego Chargers Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends
1998-2001 Texas Tight Ends/Special Teams
1989-97 North Carolina Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator
1987-88 Lafayette (Ind) Central Catholic HS Head Coach
1986 Purdue Graduate Assistant

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone know if this mofo can coach ST’s?
I guarantee he can coach as well as Mister fair catch.

I'd almost bet our analyst did most of the ST coaching. Scott wasn't out there teaching those guys had a kick or punt, and I see no evidence that we actually practiced anything else .

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I just don't like this kid. I realize we're desperate, well long past desperate into the "everyone in the country is looking at us and laughing at us" zone, however we are going to have to wait a year anyway as he sits out a year anyway. Why not just get a kid without these issues?

Last edited:

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I just don't like this kid. I realize we're desperate, well long past desperate in into the "everyone in the country is looking at us and laughing at us" zone, but we are going to have to wait a year anyway as he sits out, so why not just get a kid without these issues.
The only ones laughing are UF fans.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rivals on Tim Brewster,

College Station is a new scene, but Brewster is still pumping out the same, old dominance on the recruiting trail. Following head coach Jimbo Fisher from Tallahassee to Texas A&M, Brewster’s recruiting stride never lapsed. Of the programs that went through post-season coaching changes, only Florida State and Oregon signed higher ranked classes… and Brewster had a role in constructing the Seminoles' class, too. With the Longhorns signing a top five class and schools like Oklahoma that recruit Texas well posing a threat, the future of Lone Star State recruiting will be intense.

Rivals.com - Rivals.com top 25 recruiters of 2018

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
I just don't like this kid. I realize we're desperate, well long past desperate in into the "everyone in the country is looking at us and laughing at us" zone, but we are going to have to wait a year anyway as he sits out, so why not just get a kid without these issues.
Not arguing anything said, but remind me why he would have to sit out a year? Did he actually sign an LOI? I honestly don’t remember his details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator