Tinerc in shambles; tweaked yet again by Spurrier

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I love the guy just before the fat guy with his hand on his face. I really feel like he perfectly embodies what it means to be a vol.

Also, what never gets talked about is how they move the ball over about 3 yards on the second kick, which almost makes the difference. And McElwain came ridiculously close to blowing the whole thing with his timeout. How different would his time have looked if that kid nails the second one.
Yes! McElwain with his timeout. :facepalm: If I remember correctly the kicker missed that one anyway, right? I recall being sure he was going to do the proper adjustment and make the second one. But I forget which happened -- did he overcompensate and miss it the other way, or in an effort to avoid over-correcting did he just repeat the same mistake?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
@G. Gordon Gator

You may also recognize these guys from the 1:03 mark. I can only imagine the September heat got to them and they no longer had the strength to dance.

View attachment 46253
Ha! Earlier in the game when their pre-existing condition caused them to get confused and forget who they were, and what their inevitable fate would be. It's called Volzheimer's Disease. Sad!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes! McElwain with his timeout. :facepalm: If I remember correctly the kicker missed that one anyway, right? I recall being sure he was going to do the proper adjustment and make the second one. But I forget which happened -- did he overcompensate and miss it the other way, or in an effort to avoid over-correcting did he just repeat the same mistake?

Between his adjusting and the ball being moved over by 3 yards, he was within a foot the second go around. JM said he saw 12 men, which is, and was always, total BS. His reaction to the first completely dispelled that. Nobody cares because we won.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Between his adjusting and the ball being moved over by 3 yards, he was within a foot the second go around. JM said he saw 12 men, which is, and was always, total BS. His reaction to the first completely dispelled that. Nobody cares because we won.
Yes, that's right! I forgot that. He denied trying to freeze the kicker and said he called the TO because he thought we had 12 men on the field. On a special teams play. When does that ever happen? He really was a liar. He deserved every imaginary death threat he didn't get.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
giphy.gif

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
They're going to get destroyed. All of this so-called SEC media love is unfounded, by what, an unproven fat loser (Phil-clone) SEC coach? The 16-1 streak continues into 2022

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UTooTooThless......The best off season and end of regular season team in history. The hammer may not drop as hard as I would like (death penalty) but any distraction for UT is good. They cannot handle any type of success or adversity. Just ask the baseball team.

With decisions from the NCAA hanging over the season should make things interesting.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it will. They did not get hit with "lack of institutional control" and the report praised UT for their cooperation in the investigation. There will be some sanctions, but not as tough as we'd all want. We probably won't know what they are until the 22 season is over. I'm guessing if any if their sanctions include scholarships, then the first class it'll affect is '24.

You are correct

There will be no postseason ban or any other meaningful punishment.
This will mostly be loss of schollies and some recruiting restrictions because the NCAA is completely toothless now and they wouldn’t even think about dropping the hammer. I doubt they even know where their hammer is anymore

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I hope the Hammer falls hard. I will never forgive them or Doug Dickless for what they did to the '84 Gators.
And the 90 Gators. Probation for Hall helping Jarvis Williams settle his child support case. Don't expect similar penalty for the "Voles". (rhymes with moles}

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And the 90 Gators. Probation for Hall helping Jarvis Williams settle his child support case. Don't expect similar penalty for the "Voles". (rhymes with moles}

I’ve wondered about this and the late 80s issue we had. Given the Supreme Court’s ruling, wouldn’t that mean that any punishments handed out previously should be voided? Should we not get ‘84 and ‘90 restored(granted)? Does Reggie Bush get his Heisman back?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Nobody cares because we won.

2017 is a very similar story. The last few minutes of that game were a clinic in poor clock management. I remember watching the replay the night before I took the Bar Exam on SEC Network and thinking about how I forgot what a train wreck the ending of that game was. One Heave to Cleve later and all that is erased in people's minds.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
2017 is a very similar story. The last few minutes of that game were a clinic in poor clock management. I remember watching the replay the night before I took the Bar Exam on SEC Network and thinking about how I forgot what a train wreck the ending of that game was. One Heave to Cleve later and all that is erased in people's minds.

And he was angry at Frank’s for taking the shot. The only thing we had in our favor was being at home. They had all the momentum going into potential overtime. It’s also completely moot if Davis doesn’t fumble at the 1 foot line on the long run earlier. A score there ices it. But yes,
JM completely misread and misplayed that whole ending. We lose in OT1 if Franks and Cleveland don’t make that play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb