Gator Basketball "Todd Golden isn't helping Scott Stricklin's Fate"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside - any mildly educated/experienced AD could do what he's done, and still bring in the money.
I completely agree, especially for a huge flagship university. It's a plum job - the only real challenge is finding good coaches.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They wouldn’t have let him interview if they wanted to keep him. Frangie’s a nice guy but he lives in a fairy tale world.

Ya I like Frank especially calling the Jaguars but he seems very disconnected from reality when it comes to UF….

Hope the discussion about White isn’t true

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this about striklin. The facilities have drastically been upgraded since he got hired. He was hired because he was known as a big fundraiser. He's atleast done that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hire a prostitute!
Aren't you the guy that praised Golden to the sky for "improvement" (before his total late season collapse), but despises Napier and wants him not only fired, but lynched?

For all we know both of those coaches may still turn out great, and Stricklin will be considered a genius.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
In other words, I think they love Stricklin and the assertion that he's on any kind of hot seat is laughable.

If football struggles again next year and fan turnout is down, then Sasse will be under noticeable pressure to make a change. Napier and Golden are two critical hires to get right...and if there isn't firm results by year 2, Stricklin will be accountable for why.

It's not like UF is having overwhelming success in other sports to justify keeping him around.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think at UF right now the AD is judged more by the overall athletic program and $$$$ being generated, and there's tons of money rolling in. This isn't Bama where football is the only thing that matters. UF is run like an Ivy League school at the moment.

In other words, I think they love Stricklin and the assertion that he's on any kind of hot seat is laughable.

I owned a Beemer where your ass stuck to the leather seats on a hot day while it blew cold air up your shorts. Just sayin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I owned a Beemer where your ass stuck to the leather seats on a hot day while it blew cold air up your shorts. Just sayin.
What?

Maybe you should start "sayin" stuff while sober.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Mike White will get you 2-3 wins he probably shouldn't, he will get you 2-3 losses he probably shouldn't, and at the end of the day 20ish wins with NCAA tourney every so often...for UGA, that's an improvement

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s all terrific, but I think the bigger concern is why are you driving around with no pants on?
Sounded to me like he had pulled them off to cool them with the AC vents.

Nothing like having an ice cold pair of shorts to put on when you arrive somewhere.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't you the guy that praised Golden to the sky for "improvement" (before his total late season collapse), but despises Napier and wants him not only fired, but lynched?

For all we know both of those coaches may still turn out great, and Stricklin will be considered a genius.
Find a post where I said I want Napier fired or face a ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb