Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I’d love to know what the Jawja message boards are saying, but I don’t speak retard.

(Feel free to call PC Police on me)

UGly currently possesses the most important trophy in all of college athletics. so I do not think they give 2 shyts about bball and have not since Hugh Durham was their coach or Nique played there like 35 years ago.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Before I call it a night I do want to sincerely thank UGly and for Fooley and Strichnine for not standing in the way. Thank you Fooley for hiring another loser in Mike.

Also gotta give a shout out to the thread. Surprised I have not seen people genuflecting for the likes of, among others, Brett Nelson, Anthony Grant, John Pelphrey, Donnie Jones, or anyone else who has scratched his tecticles inside the O'Dome like maybe Tim Tebow or Pete. Well Pete might interest me, but only b/c that is a classic on the boards.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Finally!

Unless there's a solid young Billy D clone out there, maybe they should offer Frank Martin at scar? Seems solid, had success at scar and the only reason I don't like him is he kept beating us.

That is my highly-qualified amateur opinion.
I like the way his teams play and the way he coaches -- his recruiting, not so much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
McMahon would be at the top of my list. But anyhow, figured we mine aswell have a thread for it

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We apparently host Iona in the NIT.

If Stricklin doesn't at least buy Pitino coffee and chat, he is without doubt a dumbass.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pitino apparently coming to town with Iona.

Talk with him and make him say no.

If he says no, these next three are to be called in order:

1. Shaka at Marquette.
2. Willard at Seton Hall.
3. Bennett at UVA (apparent rumblings he might be looking elsewhere for the right opportunity to bolt).

BuddyWyatt

Sep 17, 2018
Great news about White. Nice guy so I won’t denigrate him, but do wish him continued mediocrity in leg humper town.

BUT, seriously, there is no way UF will consider Pitino. And Shaka couldn’t do anything at UT; why would things be different at UF?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shaka literally just did the same thing white did. And it's not like they has a special season at Marquette. I don't understand the draw here. But if Bennett wants to leave uva then he'll yeah

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Matt McMahon 's made the tournament a couple of times at Murray state. He recruited and developed Jah morant. They went like 29-2 this year . Play an uptempo style . He's got them as a 7 seed this year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
1) Scott Drew
2) Rick Pitino
3) Mike Young (Va Tech)
4) Bob McKillop (Davidson)

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Too much hookers and blow in his past.
Probably be good at lining up some great NIL deals though.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Shaka smart would be a horrible hire. Horrible.
Which means it's very likely.

And it's like some of you guys never even pay attention to our history. Zero percent chance for Pitino. Mullen was as controversial as our UAA gets, and he was about their 4th choice. Hookers and Blow Pit-in-e-oh? That's a big no.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dang, Pitino coming to town with Iona. Very interesting. Almost like it was a setup. Not sure if that would be good. Great coach, but maybe too much baggage. See were Lil' Rick is at NM State, not doing so well this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.