Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished watching “Repeat after us” on the SECN (again). Damn near tear up every time I see it. Such a special group of players brought together by our own HOF coach. Man I miss those days.
:sadnanner:

I do tear up every time I watch it to this day.

I was aware at that time that I was witnessing a time that would never be repeated but now I realize even more just how special it was and just how far away we are from that program, those players, and that coach.
Great memories.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do tear up every time I watch it to this day.

I was aware at that time that I was witnessing a time that would never be repeated but now I realize even more just how special it was and just how far away we are from that program, those players, and that coach.
Great memories.
It seemed like we wiped everybody off the floor both years except for one nail biter each year. I'm trying to remember who they were against. Georgetown in 06/Purdue in 07 come to mind.

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Yep.
"eye teeth" = canines
centrals = "front teeth"
diastema = "gap"
celebrities-with-gap-teeth-u3
iu
gapped-teeth.jpg
iu

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It seemed like we wiped everybody off the floor both years except for one nail biter each year. I'm trying to remember who they were against. Georgetown in 06/Purdue in 07 come to mind.

The 06 Georgetown game was great. 07 I can’t remember the close game. I would get so frustrated by them because it felt like in the first half they just cruised, would get down by 10 and then just dominate the second half for a 10-20 point win. Oregon and Purdue come to mind. Second half the would feed Horford and Noah and they just manhandled guys backing them down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The 06 Georgetown game was great. 07 I can’t remember the close game. I would get so frustrated by them because it felt like in the first half they just cruised, would get down by 10 and then just dominate the second half for a 10-20 point win. Oregon and Purdue come to mind. Second half the would feed Horford and Noah and they just manhandled guys backing them down.
Lee Humphrey was the difference maker in the tourney IMO. He just crushed souls from behind the arc both years. Most complete college hoops team of all time.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did some research and it was Georgetown that that came within 4 in ‘06. But the ‘06 team was more dominant in the tournament otherwise with an average win margin of 16, including two final four victories of 15 and 16 point differentials.

The 07 team averaged 14 points a game margin of victory, but it was largely buoyed by a 43 point 1st round win over the 16 seed. Purdue, Butler and Oregon were somewhat close with 7-8 point wins.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I did some research and it was Georgetown that that came within 4 in ‘06. But the ‘06 team was more dominant in the tournament otherwise with an average win margin of 16, including two final four victories of 15 and 16 point differentials.

The 07 team averaged 14 points a game margin of victory, but it was largely buoyed by a 43 point 1st round win over the 16 seed. Purdue, Butler and Oregon were somewhat close with 7-8 point wins.
06 was versus much much much easier teams seed wise 14, 11, 7, 3, 11, 2

07 faced 16, 9, 5, 3, 2, 1

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has Todd signed any 5 stars yet?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Has Todd signed any 5 stars yet?

Good area to touch on, deuce. What if fans were kept apprised of coach's recruiting scorecard - something ongoingly revealed to us fans.?
Seems this would enhance recruiting motivation.?
Coach Nap says; "Some GatChat chap blogged out your scorecard with his negative spin. Don't make me regret hiring you. Why can't you be more like ox.?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb