Todd Grantham

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. And for $1.8M a year, we could hire just about any DC in the country. Most of them would probably be better.
We've got torrian gray on staff now. A 10 year bud foster disciple. Mine aswell see what he can do now

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

People blasting him for this take. Deservedly so.

:exactly:

Perrybr (Parler account)
@Perrybr231
Replying to
@buddyshow
I hope this is Dan Mullen’s Nebraska game. It took that game for Spurrier to realize he needed a competent D coordinator to win a championship. Mullen needs to show loyalty to the team and fire Grantham on plane trip home.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The skycam view said it all. There were times our safeties and LBs were frozen and then looked both ways. They were completely lost. I put that on coaching.

The sad part isn't that this didn't just happen a handful of times during the game...it happened *every* 2-3 plays.

And given that our LBers and secondary aren't exactly true freshman out there, it's absolutely mind-boggling as to what's going on. Horrible coaching and horrible personnel. I hesitate to blast the players too much, but they're playing soft and if they can't man up and play football, they deserve to be called out.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
it’s all coaching.

A ton of it is I believe, I know we don't have the most talent, but we got to be able to play better than this. This offense is humming so good, all you need is your defense to force 4-5 punts and you'd win handily with the way we're playing on offense. Maybe they just hate Grantham as much as we do.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
How many times have we seen our safeties bite on the under crossing route, while the deep post or 9 route is only guarded by a corner, like Marco, who not only sucks but was expecting safety help over top?

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Too bad that group of vigilantes from Michigan only wanted to go after the governor. Maybe throw a few ox bucks at them and we could have a missing D coordinator soon.

I kid of course, or do i?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A ton of it is I believe, I know we don't have the most talent,
There's a third variable to this mess also. Yes, coaching is suspect....yes, there is a talent issue but the third thing is our personel is a hodge podge of tweeners....
There are 2 basic goals in recruiting which seem to escape our coaches...
Get as much of the best talent as you can and get enough of the proper bodies to build a complete roster....we have failed at both.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Those who are hoping Dan fires him on the plane ride are too kind... that fat f*ck shouldn’t be allowed on the plane. Tarmac his fat ass.

And should never be allowed to step foot in Gainesville again.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Maybe I’m completely off base with this. I’m just brainstorming. But, Choker overly cross trained guys. I assume it was his way of trying to deal with potentially losing guys to the kung flu. The consequences have been devastating. It would explain why some guys now have no idea what to do. Shawn Davis is a good example. He was our only solid safety. Now, he and Stiner are trying to see which one can be out of position the most. This cross training garbage has destroyed Burney. He’s going to do the same to Diwun Black.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
There's a third variable to this mess also. Yes, coaching is suspect....yes, there is a talent issue but the third thing is our personel is a hodge podge of tweeners....
There are 2 basic goals in recruiting which seem to escape our coaches...
Get as much of the best talent as you can and get enough of the proper bodies to build a complete roster....we have failed at both.
This, from my viewpoint, is the most glaring issue. I don't see a standout at ANY position on the Ds 2 deep. I don't see a position group, or even a sub group, that stands out. It's like the D is made up of a bunch of random ragdolls, quilts and irregulars.

The Frankenistein defense?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.