Todd Grantham

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
$2M a year. Soft zone. Doesn’t recruit LBers. Doesn’t recruit DT.

absolutely embarrassing

He also doesn't properly wear his mask. I'm sure they could get away with firing him for cause without a buyout for that. Of course, I doubt Mullen or Strickland would even consider it. :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know you have a problem when the reason you can never fire a bad coach is the guy was just given a big extension.

That’s the way we eff up things around here.
Hell Fooley 2.0 probably has him sign another one this evening. Buy low and all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're nowhere near the "fire Mullen" discussion. But we are WELL into the "fire Grantham" discussion. $1.8 million for 100 points in 3 games?
Mullen came into town with Grantham.and Knox and he will leave w him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. This defense is going to cost us at least two more games. 7-3 isn't what most of us expected in year .
it is actually way better than I expected.

I never imagined in a million years he'd actually adapt to Trash. he never has in the last 15 years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who do we get as coach if you fire mullen?

Today? It’s irrelevant because it’s not happening. It’s just coming. I wasn’t wrong on WM, I was late but not wrong on JM. It’s happening. But I’m not wasting time figuring out who today. The whole front office needs to be cleaned out, and then we can start looking.

But truthfully, when guys like Diaz in his first ever game, Stoops with Uk talent, etc. are a play or two away, you could almost argue that they would handle getting the job at THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA with more care.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
GGG=Grantham's Gotta Go

It's been the same thing past 3 years. This year the lack of recruiting on the defensive side is front and center. But the scheme has been equally ****ty. It's time, Mullen needs to learn to take the next step he needs an elite DC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Third-and-Grantham now refers to the putrid state of affairs on the other side of the ball in year #3 of Mullenball.

Imagine that, a UF team that can’t recruit defensive talent. I never thought I would be saying that. There are Conference USA teams with better players.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Anyone who expected anything other than what we’ve seen from TG so far was fooling themselves. THIS is exactly what a TG defense looks like.

It ain’t getting any better. You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment if you hope it will.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I guess any hope of Grantham being lured away to some HC job just went up in smoke. I wouldn't hire him to be the 'get back' coach for a middle school flag football team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're nowhere near the "fire Mullen" discussion. But we are WELL into the "fire Grantham" discussion. $1.8 million for 100 points in 3 games?
We're going 6-4 this year. You can believe Georgia Tennessee and LSU is gonna push our shcit in. Open up the season in the top 5 and barely finish above .500 is gonna put your ass on the hot seat.

I see the defense only getting worse next year and we won't have trask pitts and toney to bail us out. I don't think the trajectory is all that great right now.

EDIT: Kentucky is also capable of running for 700 yards on us aswell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The whole front office needs to be cleaned out, and then we can start looking.
This. We keep getting the same results, hiring 21-15 coaches, getting a 21-15 team, and being surprised as if we expected something better this time.

Mullins is the second worst recruiter we've ever had and the worst recruiter didn't even bother trying.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're going 6-4 this year. You can believe Georgia Tennessee and LSU is gonna push our shcit in. Open up the season in the top 5 and barely finish above .500 is gonna put your ass on the hot seat.

I see the defense only getting worse next year and we won't have trask pitts and toney to bail us out. I don't think the trajectory is all that great right now.

EDIT: Kentucky is also capable of running for 700 yards on us aswell.
yeah I'm a little more worried about Kentucky than LSU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well I guess any hope of Grantham being lured away to some HC job just went up in smoke..
who is going to hire that guy?

he isn't a good coordinator. he's a terrible recruiter and everyone around him hates him. most of his staff don't even want to follow him from job to job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.