Toney & Hendo both get the coveted #1 jersey

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Take your meds and lighten up. We will have real football news before the month is over.

Even older man yells:
wslr8.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually unavoidable. There are 107 players (more if Weston or Henderson show up). Even if they issued a "0" and a "00" there would be some duplicates. Unless of course you think we should have three digit numbers......
Now kicking off, number 107, Patrick Socceerplayer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually unavoidable. There are 107 players (more if Weston or Henderson show up). Even if they issued a "0" and a "00" there would be some duplicates. Unless of course you think we should have three digit numbers......
We cant keep 107. There are roster limits at to how many we can practice even. I think it is 100 or 105. Im Iot sure but it isnt unlimited anymore. (This was to keep Nebraska from having 170 players, half who were walkons receiving "academic" scholarships and all on bovine steroids.)

We print the names of more walkons who were with the team during the spring as their only payment for blood, sweat and tears.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Give the walk-ons - # or symbols like ∞ or ∏

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pi7 breaks up the pass attempt by Trash to Omega3. Pound9 on the QB pressure.

Someone else: Dude that was likely literally Hashtag9.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hadn't thought of that. And while we're at it we could try decimal points! I'm sure we could get a commit from a math loving 5* (assuming such a thing exists) by promising to give him number 3.14!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just did a google search and it appears there's not a limit (maximum number) of walk-ons allowed - but only 105 players can participate in fall camp (before the 1st game or 1st day of classes) - after that the roster can be expanded w/ additional walk-ons. This is from a BYU site:

Q: How many players are allowed on the roster?

A: NCAA rules allow for 105 players to be rostered before the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first. When school is in session, there is no limit to the number of players on the roster, but BYU maintains a maximum of 123 (17.9.2.1.2).

Q: What is the difference between a walk-on and a preferred walk-on?

A: A Walk-on is any non-scholarship athlete. The standard Walk-on is not recruited, but makes the team during tryouts, usually held the first day of school in the fall. A Preferred Walk-on has been recruited, but the coaches don’t have a scholarship to offer, so they guarantee a roster spot without having to tryout. A total of 20 Walk-ons are given to opportunity to participate in preseason camp to make up the 105-man roster. The only difference between these 20 players and the other 85 on the roster is the scholarship. They are considered equal in every other aspect. When a need presents itself on the Depth Chart and a scholarship becomes available, the Preferred Walk-ons are generally first in line.

The 105-player limit comes into effect following a team’s final game of the season and ends with the first game of the next season or the first day of classes in the next fall semester, whichever comes first. This rule limits the roster to 105 players during the first several weeks of football practice at many institutions due to the fall semester starting at a later date. Football teams may choose to expand the team roster beyond 105 players during the season, but this is not required. Non-scholarship players added to the roster are popularly known as walk-ons.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hadn't thought of that. And while we're at it we could try decimal points! I'm sure we could get a commit from a math loving 5* (assuming such a thing exists) by promising to give him number 3.14!
I bet you we’d fill more of the student section if we went this direction.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just did a google search and it appears there's not a limit (maximum number) of walk-ons allowed - but only 105 players can participate in fall camp
Exactly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. But we wont have 107.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So ... back to Toney ... got to say, I am just not a fan. For every 66yd TD play you get from him, you get about 10 loss of yard plays like the jet sweep he F'd up in the same game. He has no real discipline and double downs on bad decision after bad decision every single time. I think he is incredibly talented but he just can't seem to control himself. He is willing to eat a 10yd loss instead of taking the 2-3yd gain on a broke play. Every single time. He runs 50yds sideways and backwards for a loss of a couple 9 out of 10 times.

Thoughts?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So ... back to Toney ... got to say, I am just not a fan. For every 66yd TD play you get from him, you get about 10 loss of yard plays like the jet sweep he F'd up in the same game. He has no real discipline and double downs on bad decision after bad decision every single time. I think he is incredibly talented but he just can't seem to control himself. He is willing to eat a 10yd loss instead of taking the 2-3yd gain on a broke play. Every single time. He runs 50yds sideways and backwards for a loss of a couple 9 out of 10 times.

Thoughts?
He averaged 11 yards per touch last year. The last hybrid RB/WR we had that averaged a first down per touch was Percy Harvin. Stop drinking so early in the morning.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He averaged 11 yards per touch last year. The last hybrid RB/WR we had that averaged a first down per touch was Percy Harvin. Stop drinking so early in the morning.

Stop comparing him to Harvin when it is obvious he isn't. Harvin ran north and south ... Toney runs east and west.

When I responded to this thread I knew there would be harsh comebacks to me. Nola gave me a stone but he is just a moron so I ignored it. Muscleplug and you downgrading me, I take sincerely. I I get it. He is really talented and I do not deny that. But he also is unwilling to hit a hole. When he runs north and south he is really fun to watch. But have you not seen him run sideways for way more yards and taken losses when he could have had a 2-3 yd gain (or more) if he just hit the hole?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Stop comparing him to Harvin when it is obvious he isn't. Harvin ran north and south ... Toney runs east and west.

When I responded to this thread I knew there would be harsh comebacks to me. Nola gave me a stone but he is just a moron so I ignored it. Muscleplug and you downgrading me, I take sincerely. I I get it. He is really talented and I do not deny that. But he also is unwilling to hit a hole. When he runs north and south he is really fun to watch. But have you not seen him run sideways for way more yards and taken losses when he could have had a 2-3 yd gain (or more) if he just hit the hole?

And being the arse you are it’s hard to agree...BUT comparing anyone to Harvin is a stretch.

It's like comparing anyone to Hershel Walker, Michael Jordan, Tebow…

That said, Toney brings a lot to the table. He is our most dynamic offensive player

And Net, if I am a Moron you must be an Idiot

IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots
IQs between 26 and 50 are imbeciles
IQ between 51 and 70 are considered morons.

"Run Forest, RUN"

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's a game breaker but not consistently is what the OP is trying to get across I think. I am alright with him taking a chance to break a big gainer when he touches the ball and I think he does so because he knows he's probably only gonna get 4-6 touches a game. For the life of me though I can't understand why he isn't returning punts?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He's a game breaker but not consistently is what the OP is trying to get across I think. I am alright with him taking a chance to break a big gainer when he touches the ball and I think he does so because he knows he's probably only gonna get 4-6 touches a game. For the life of me though I can't understand why he isn't returning punts?

I think/was told...Don't know for sure...he is not all that sure handed with punts

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb