Toney Update

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I found these links on another site and thought we too could use an update.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ing-electric-qb-kadarius-toney-wide-receiver/

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/4/7/football-toney-impresses-in-Gators-debut.aspx

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1032

Gators offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier -- about why the Gators need to find a way to get Toney the ball -- “You know, he’s an interesting guy because he can do a lot of things. One of the things when the ball is in his hand, he’s electric,” Nussmeier said. “I don’t know if there’s any real comparison, maybe a little bit similar to a Blake Sims that we had at Alabama and the things that he can do, but Kadarius is a special kid. Great, great competitor. He’s still learning everything. I think with any young player, especially playing the quarterback position, you have to be careful not to put too much on him at one point in time, but as you saw in the spring, you caught a little glimpse of the things he can do with the ball in his hands. He’s special.” Coach Jim McElwain said Toney could line up "at various positions" this season ...

The last one is not correct, sorry I just cut and pasted.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. We should have a lot of weapons on offense, now if only the Oline can do it's job we should be in business.

:chomp:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He understands what he is. I just think he wanted a shot at QB. By the 2018 season, he'll have moved full time to WR which is where he belongs.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Remember when MacNuss would forget about Scarlett for entire quarters while they shuffled walk-on running backs in the rotation? Why do I get the feeling they'll forget about weapons like Toney as well?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when MacNuss would forget about Scarlett for entire quarters while they shuffled walk-on running backs in the rotation? Why do I get the feeling they'll forget about weapons like Toney as well?
How many WRs do we have? Someone is bound to get lost. How many passes do think Ole Butters is gonna throw a game? We will run 40 or 50.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
How many WRs do we have? Someone is bound to get lost. How many passes do think Ole Butters is gonna throw a game? We will run 40 or 50.
I don't mind if we're rotating our top WR's, which we have about 6 of. But if we're sitting Callaway and some walk-on is in the game like Herndon was so many times last year it's a joke.

Callaway, Cleveland, Hammond, Powell, Massey, Toney should all get touches.

But if Tucker Nordman is in and Toney is on the bench I'd fire the entire staff before the end of the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He understands what he is. I just think he wanted a shot at QB. By the 2018 season, he'll have moved full time to WR which is where he belongs.

Problem is – he can't catch. So I think it's highly probable that you may see him on dive plays like Harvin until he gets enough reps and practice as receiver.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind if we're rotating our top WR's, which we have about 6 of. But if we're sitting Callaway and some walk-on is in the game like Herndon was so many times last year it's a joke.

But if Tucker Nordman is in and Toney is on the bench I'd fire the entire staff before the end of the game.

You're probably going to see a lot of Robinson in the red zone this year. 6'4" is a big corner fade target.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad Toney is here, get the ball in his hands somehow. I think he's a gamer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly has Powell done other than the Tinerc game two years ago?

But if Tucker Nordman is in and Toney is on the bench I'd fire the entire staff before the end of the game.[/QUOTE]
We will see. I've suspect Ole Butters isn't into change and for some reason he likes playing walkons.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Glad Toney is here, get the ball in his hands somehow. I think he's a gamer.

For sure - but the offense needs to execute so we are running more than 68 plays per game and set defenses up for that changeup.

Also, PLEASE prepare him for several options so that defenses don't know what to expect. Tebow was able to bull his way to key first downs, which set up the jump pass or that deep ball to then-unknown David Nelson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb