Tony Joiner arrested for murdering wife; gets 25 years

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’d be amazed. I always find it humorous on cop shows where they get the results of DNA tests in a matter of hours. It almost as funny as when a TV cop, referring to any kind of forensic evidence, says “tell the lab to put a rush on it.”
Yes.... unfortunately people think this is real world.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is what they would need to do if there were no known suspects, correct?
No, not really. They will take and test much fewer samples. Like I said, if my DNA showed up on her, and there was no reasonable excuse for it being there, theyd go ahead and charge.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So you’re telling us there wasn’t semen on everything at the crime scene and that CSI is all a lie??

:shocked:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, not really. They will take and test much fewer samples. Like I said, if my DNA showed up on her, and there was no reasonable excuse for it being there, theyd go ahead and charge.
What I'm angling for is the degree of difficulty and time involved in -- what do we call this? -- inclusionary DNA forensics? We know Joiner's DNA should be there. Can it take that long to rule out anyone else?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't just mean our school, I mean all schools. Making a mockery of college by letting people who have no business being college students attend the university simply because they can run fast or catch a ball is a disgrace.

Always embarrassing for any college when a CFB player is interviewed and he's incapable of being coherent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What I'm angling for is the degree of difficulty and time involved in -- what do we call this? -- inclusionary DNA forensics? We know Joiner's DNA should be there. Can it take that long to rule out anyone else?
Does it take more time to run thousands of tests? Of course.

Again, there is a huge backlog at most labs. 2 years is about the shortest you will see. Some cases go to the front of the line but usually they are either assailant still at large cases and case in which there is a judicial deadline of some sort (usually incarcerated defendant demanding a speedy trial). Otherwise they sit with all the other hundreds of thousands of samples in the hopper waiting their turn.

Im not sure what expect me to say. I told you normal wait is 2-5 years. Another in the business affirmed this.

Ot is what it is.

We arent talking about an ER CBC here.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yes.... unfortunately people think this is real world.

Certainly the police do not get DNA results back in hours, but this site:

FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES

while old does not suggest anything like 3 years either. I would guess DNA testing is faster since 2010 as techniques have improve off setting possibly more police requests. It also seems more like 3 months and homicides evidence is rushed sometimes.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't just mean our school, I mean all schools. Making a mockery of college by letting people who have no business being college students attend the university simply because they can run fast or catch a ball is a disgrace.
It’s not college ball. It’s semi-pro.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does the evidence in this case even have anything to do with DNA or testing result timelines?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why does Zambo have a big blue V to the right of his name? Is he special?

It's a Tapatalk thing.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Definitely a sad story. Hope it wasn't him.

And as much as I'm not a fan of Meyer, this isn't simply a "yet another Meyer guy in trouble" issue. Putting aside the fact that he was a Zook recruit, virtually every school in the country wanted and would've taken him. This has nothing to do with what coach he played for in 4 years of college. His already being a woman beater, and now being all but a named a suspect in her murder, is a cultural issue and nothing more. Start there.
That was my initial thought too (Meyer guy) until reading your comment. That said, I'm still 100% in the F Meyer camp...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly the police do not get DNA results back in hours, but this site:

FORENSIC TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES IN 50 STATES

while old does not suggest anything like 3 years either. I would guess DNA testing is faster since 2010 as techniques have improve off setting possibly more police requests. It also seems more like 3 months and homicides evidence is rushed sometimes.
Im talking real world, not some interwebz thing.

Like real world in which I live.

3 months might be possible in a homicide w a defendant detained and speedy trial pressures, and pressure from the AG to the director of the lab explaing the rush. As I said, but even then it would be incredibly rare.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Im talking real world, not some interwebz thing.

Like real world in which I live.

3 months might be possible in a homicide w a defendant detained and speedy trial.pressures, as I said, but even then it is rare.

We have a saying in academics, in God We Trust, everyone else needs data. I posted some data. You respond with trivia, ie "as I said..." So you either counter with data or the data on the issue says around 3 months a little less.

That seems reasonable to me. Your claim seems preposterous for other than low priority cold cases, so present some data or not, but serious people will not believe you without data.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As they say in the real world, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Youd be damn lucky get a simple marijuana test back in three months in the real world.

There is another saying we have, academics "know" things they dont know shtt about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb