Top 10 Defensive Tackles UF History

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I quickly checked the list to make sure number 1 was in fact number 1.

Beyond that, I'm generally good. I'd put McCoy, Warren and maybe Culpepper above Floyd. He was great, and has a place on the list. I'm just not sure it'd be 4th. Too young to remember Galloway and Fisher, so I'll take their word for it. And Thomas probably should be on here, bad ending to his time or not. Again, though. I think the top spot is the only definite and they go that right..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember hiw many we had here saying Bullard wasnt any good.

:doh:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well whoever authored or put this list together is clearly 100% DUMBA$$. Say what you will but Ed Chester must be on the list, SOMEWHERE!!!! What a fkking moron the a$$hat is who left Chester off.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well whoever authored or put this list together is clearly 100% DUMBA$$. Say what you will but Ed Chester must be on the list, SOMEWHERE!!!! What a fkking moron the a$$hat is who left Chester off.

Wow, good call. I forgot about EC as well. Thinking back to that period, how is McGrew not on there?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wow, good call. I forgot about EC as well. Thinking back to that period, how is McGrew not on there?

McGrew I can see not on the list. thought he was an underachiever b/c the work ethic was very questionable. Not so with Chester. Declined 1st round draft potential to return for his SR year only to have his career ended! But on play alone Chester is Top 10.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GW is top 3. Agree with comments above.
This list is terrible.

All of them so far have seemed like they grab the obvious(Emmitt, Tebow), then purposely try to throw in a few more obscure names from the past to make it seem as if they really delved into the subject, poring over stats from the '40s for days, and then finish with what I'd consider to be slightly overrated recent players simply because they're fresh in our minds.

I'm starting to blame Douglas for the whole thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
yeah there's some definitely some terrible omissions on this list ..b.still looking at all those guys.... THAT IS THE WAY YOU MAKE A DEFENSE!!!!!

you put a couple of mean nasty Reggie McGrews or Warren's in the middle and Brandon spikes or Brandon siler behind them.... BOOM MFERS!!!

not this CUSA Louisville special BS we play now or loser ass dwag dbu.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of them so far have seemed like they grab the obvious(Emmitt, Tebow), then purposely try to throw in a few more obscure names from the past to make it seem as if they really delved into the subject, poring over stats from the '40s for days, and then finish with what I'd consider to be slightly overrated recent players simply because they're fresh in our minds.

I'm starting to blame Douglas for the whole thing.

Ellis Johnson is the only sure fire number one the rest of the list is meh..... blame me all you want, but there ain't schit to talk about. At least this gets you away from taping up Wentz knee, back, what ever else for 5 minutes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ellis Johnson is the only sure fire number one the rest of the list is meh..... blame me all you want, but there ain't schit to talk about. At least this gets you away from taping up Wentz knee, back, what ever else for 5 minutes.
no offense but you're thoroughly in chick mode down.

defense isn't just sacks and interceptions.

thats a list of bad mofos. and there's no coincidence most of those guys played on championship teams.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
no offense but you're thoroughly in chick mode down.

defense isn't just sacks and interceptions.

No its not, but Ellis Johnson was by far the top of the list, the rest of the list is filled with good dudes, but there are also a lot of other dudes that could be on this list. Which is the issue, we have had lot of big DT's that could be on this list, so some of hte list shouldn't be there, due to the quality of dudes we had inn the 80s/90s/00

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
My first thought as well. Ed should have been high on this list and Don’t know how Bullard makes it when guys like Chester and McGrew didn’t.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My first thought as well. Ed should have been high on this list and Don’t know how Bullard makes it when guys like Chester and McGrew didn’t.

Bullard is probably the most versatile DL we’ve had.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Ed should never fall below 2 on a list of great
Gator defensive tackles . I’d put him number 1 in my opinion . Great player , terrible injury

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator