Top 10 Linebackers in UF History

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Yep I agree on Cameron. Back in the bad old Doug Dickey days we were "LB U" with Ortega Cameron Green Brantley, Little, and I think even Scott Hutchinson may have played a little LB. The problem was we had Dickey, and we had to watch our SEC hopes die two years in a row 75 and 76 to the Dogs. The 75 Appleby To Washington 80 yard pass still haunts me. I was much younger then but I think I aged at least 5 years on that day. Well at least it got us ready for 1980 and as Yogi said it was "deja vu all over again".
Yep, "run lindsey run" is always mentioned but that Appleby pass is one of the worst losses I ever witnessed.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's good enough to make the all-time top 10 list, but when the 1992 defense was completely decimated by graduation, early NFL departures, and injuries, Carleton Miles held that defense together. He was also the leading tackler on the very talented 1991 defense which was one of our best ever.

Alex.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Yep, "run lindsey run" is always mentioned but that Appleby pass is one of the worst losses I ever witnessed.
Yep Frozen we let that one get away. That 75 team was really good and could have been special with the SEC championship. I believe we would have shared it with Bama but still a first SEC trophy. The 80 Run Lindsey Run game aged me too but a championship in 75 would have eased the pain a bit. . At least they haven't won since.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Yep Frozen we let that one get away. That 75 team was really good and could have been special with the SEC championship. I believe we would have shared it with Bama but still a first SEC trophy. The 80 Run Lindsey Run game aged me too but a championship in 75 would have eased the pain a bit. . At least they haven't won since.
You could see it coming, they set the play up the whole second half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator