Top 11 Defensive Ends in UF History

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These lists are always crap, people have short memories.

My sentiments exactly

Each of these lists appear to be created by a 30 year old pretending to be a journalist

Instead they are assembled by a 65 year old pretending to be a journalist so one would assume a little more historical perspective.....but I guess not

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cunningham was definitely underrated. Polite in my opinion was more of a one hit wonder. He had a really good season in
what was a three loss year, he had big games against LSU and the noles. I'd take any of Cunningham, Harvey, Moss and Dunlap over JP.
I'd probably say Alex Brown is the best I've watched. The 06 DL is one of my favorite position groups on that side of the ball in our history.
When you consider the demolition of the buckeyes O was done without probably our best player in Thomas, it makes the group all the more impressive. Siler was also an extremely underrated backer for us

To me, that's the most blue-collar defense we've maybe ever had. What stands out to me is the volume of bigger, solid D linemen. Like you said, we lose Thomas mid season, but still have Cohen, RM, Harris, McMillan, plus the influx of Antwine, Marsh and Sanders. Similar to our '95 and '96 seasons with Mcillon, Davis, Church, Campbell, Barnard, McGrew, Council, Chester, Badeaux, Beauchamp. List goes on and on. That much depth up front, all spectacular or not, just makes a ridiculous defense. In contrast, last year we lose Zuniga and/or Grenard, plus one DT and it pretty much kills the season.

It's why I honestly couldn't care less about being a finalist for every 205lb SDE/WDE, and why I'm not sure TG's approach will ever lead to anything other than a few sack related highlights in certain games.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I thought Fowler would be higher. Watching him play got me through the Chimp years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.