Top 3 Realistic Goals for the Season

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
GatorInKnox;n29562 said:
The only thing I have against Law is when he randomly condemns anyone and everyone who tries to stay remotely positive and almost baits people with some of his posts. Other than that he really is a great poster and clearly knows the game better than almost anyone. As stupid as that sounds, the overall energy of the fan base does feed into the team. The negativity from message boards, call-in shows, etc. does somehow manage to find it's way into the stadium. Those that try to stay positive in the suckiest of times and are still looking forward to a potentially good season shouldn't be slammed as pumpers.

But he's really, truly a wonderful Gator fan, if you'll just take time to get to know him better.

He once, in a moment of rare clarity, openly admitted to baiting posters and making life miserable for Gator fans on GSMB. He was in physical pain for the few weeks of Gator Nation being infatuated with the incredible basketball season and Final Four run, taking every possible moment to minimize and downplay that team and the fans who were loving it. In his trolling world, how dare we divert our attention from Muschamp and Driskel for a few feel-good weeks. Most of us already know this, I'm just trying to educate the new posters here who may not be keen to his trolling ways, or the idea that many from GSMB have always been skeptical of him, depsite his one or two influential proponents.
I think that Snowprint only posts on GC now, I know Zach booted his ass and I believe Adam over at OnlyGators did too. NRTCZE also got tossed for a while by Zach, don't know if he's back.The funny thing about him is that I think he cuts and pastes all his comments.For awhile you could literally read word for word the exact same thing onevery board and article.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;29683 said:
oxrageous;n29582 said:
So put him on your ignore list.
Did you have Sid or Canething on your ignore list? Not trying to be a smart ass, just genuinely curious.

Mod cannot put people on their ignore list. Obviously because we have to be able to view all users, comments, and threads.

I can't speak for Ox, but as for myself I've blocked 6 to 8 users at one time or another.

Some people just need to be blocked. But I agree, that when venting our feelings about our program, especially with the wretched performance we've gotten over the last couple years, censorship is not the best avenue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Gator Fever;n29362 said:
Beat the FCS teams we play
Don't have a losing SEC record
Beat Vandy

Is that really realistic? Not the middle one.
Exactly. He may well get fired this year also. They seem to think he should win it all this year. They are going to be upset when he Mullens again (no wins in October or November).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
Law98gator;n29187 said:
We've added two powderpuff victories to the schedule over the last few years. I love how returning to Zook level is the only realistic option and anyone who suggests that 4-6 losses is unacceptable are people who "aren't being reasonable".

If Muschimp can't get win a championship his dawg smelling azzz should be fired.

Being a third tier SEC team (9-4, 8-5, 7-6) isn't good enough around here. I love how you just write off being competitive enough to compete with mighty LSU or Ugly. Hell, Zook beat those chumps.

You people are disgusting.

The point was 3 realistic goals for the SEASON (based on last year's epic disaster and the overall CURRENT state of the program), not for the program in perpetuity.

Your pervasive negativity is mind-blowing. How do you get out of bed each morning?
More of DC with his panties in a wad. No surprise.

I'm a big fan of all the loser coaches at Ugly like Goof and Rickt and Foolmer, Half Kiff and Half Dooley. Love those coaches that lose to us. No doubt fans of other schools really love Goofcramp now.

I will say that it would be easy to hate you, DC. I hate people who have spawned this loser mentality and kept this loser coach.

If watching the Gators lose and wildly cheering it as it continues makes you feel good and think you are making up for having never attend UF, more power to you, sis. Going to Votech within 50 miles of Gainesville doesn't make you a Gator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Captain Sasquatch;n29490 said:
1. Go to Atlanta 2. Beat Georgia 3. Ban Law
#3 won't happen, in fact, it's more likely that you'll be banned for suggesting he be banned. At this point, it's an act. He plays the role of controversial troll under the guise of a "keeping it real" Gator fan. I know you aren't fooled by him, but we have a duty to make sure newer members don't fall for his act and take him seriously.
There are no newer members. Enjoy the empty seats at the stadium. Plenty of tickets available cheap.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
The Original DC;29683 said:
oxrageous;n29582 said:
Did you have Sid or Canething on your ignore list? Not trying to be a smart ass, just genuinely curious.

Mod cannot put people on their ignore list. Obviously because we have to be able to view all users, comments, and threads.

I can't speak for Ox, but as for myself I've blocked 6 to 8 users at one time or another.

Some people just need to be blocked. But I agree, that when venting our feelings about our program, especially with the wretched performance we've gotten over the last couple years, censorship is not the best avenue.
no you're right J , but, it's basically the constant trolling, lying and constant repetitive bs that I think most get really tired of.I know I do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
The only thing I have against Law is when he randomly condemns anyone and everyone who tries to stay remotely positive and almost baits people with some of his posts. Other than that he really is a great poster and clearly knows the game better than almost anyone. As stupid as that sounds, the overall energy of the fan base does feed into the team. The negativity from message boards, call-in shows, etc. does somehow manage to find it's way into the stadium. Those that try to stay positive in the suckiest of times and are still looking forward to a potentially good season shouldn't be slammed as pumpers.
FWIW, I don't claim to know the game. There are plenty on here that are coaches, former coaches, etc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
oxrageous;n29534 said:
That's never happened a single time.

I don't believe one iota of this. If you'll remember right, law had the most posts of anyone on the GSMB. He was as big of a pumper as ANY of us before the last couple of years. I don't consider you, myself, or anyone else on this board a bigger Gator fan than he is. As far as I know, he's been a proud alum for a long, long time. He didn't just show up one day and start trolling, or he WOULD have been banned. He was right there for years with the rest of us enjoying the Tebow era and ripping our rivals to shreds.

He's just pissed. That is something he told me privately once. He sees Muschamp as taking his beloved Gators and grinding them under his feet. He's mad at what has been done to the program under this coach. He's mad at the bar being lowered. I think he's also incredulous that a lot of fans aren't as mad as he is.

Is he alone in thinking this way? Not at all. As of right this moment, law represents the feelings of a significant chunk of the Gator Nation. This is another reason I was so pissed myself that Muschamp was retained, because I knew it would continue to tear the fan base apart. I knew the offseason would be a nightmare, I knew expectations would be in the gutter, and I didn't want to see it. I don't want to see the look of disgust on people's faces when Muschamp's name is brought up. It's horrible. This is our team, and so many of us can't stomach their chosen leader.

Until the season starts, this is the way it is. I'm not going to censor law, because he feels the way a lot of people do. This isn't Swamp Gas - I'm not just going to silence Gator fans for not toeing the line. We didn't just go 4-8 last season, we were humiliated in every way possible. Fans are upset, and it's not going to just disappear overnight. Once the ball is kicked off, we're going to be able to see what kind of progress this team has made for ourselves. If law turns out to be wrong, then he'll have to deal with the consequences. And if others choose to be optimistic, that's great too. They just have to accept not everyone feels the same way.

If you want to blame someone for any of this, blame Jeremy Foley. He had a chance to make a change and declined. He is absolutely aware of the war going on in the fan base.

Saying all that, I'll say it again: Winning cures EVERYTHING, even with fans as bitter as law. We beat a few rivals and maybe hoist an SEC Championship trophy, you're going to see happy days here again. It's just a message board, let's have fun.

How can we have fun when every friggin thread is hijacked by by the resident Doom-n-Gloomers to remind us how miserable they are?
Law's mom: "Hi, dear. How are you?"
Law: "How do you think? Muschimp is a doofus and loser and...

Law's boss: "What time do you have to be in court today?"
Law: "Who cares? Muscramp can't walk and chew gum at the same time."

Law's girlfriend: "Law, make love to me."
Law: "How can you think about love when Dusramp while is still coaching?"​

I never thought of Law as a troll and for a time while I lurked on the old board I enjoyed some of his posts. We get it. You hate Muschamp and where the program is. To some degree or another, we ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY.

But, let one pass every now and then. Or, address the topic of the thread without reminding us YOU HATE MUSCHAMP.

Thank you.
Who the fvkk are you?

Welcome aboard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
oxrageous;n29582 said:

Then I'd have one less thing to complain about.... :lol:

As I said, in general I enjoy reading all the posters here, him included. A small break from the same point over and over again would be appreciated.
Who the fvkk are you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n29680 said:
He once, in a moment of rare clarity, openly admitted to baiting posters and making life miserable for Gator fans on GSMB. He was in physical pain for the few weeks of Gator Nation being infatuated with the incredible basketball season and Final Four run, taking every possible moment to minimize and downplay that team and the fans who were loving it.
:rolleyes:

You're a dramatic little princess, aren't you.

I still don't give a shiit about basketball, or track, or volleyball, or darts, or rowing or synchronized swimming. I've said it all along.

I also don't pretend to know anything about it. Probably can't recognize anything beyond zone and man, pick and roll maybe. So many of you, actually especially you, are in the same boat about football but you can't admit it to yourself.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC said:
GatorInKnox;n29562 said:

But he's really, truly a wonderful Gator fan, if you'll just take time to get to know him better.

He once, in a moment of rare clarity, openly admitted to baiting posters and making life miserable for Gator fans on GSMB. He was in physical pain for the few weeks of Gator Nation being infatuated with the incredible basketball season and Final Four run, taking every possible moment to minimize and downplay that team and the fans who were loving it. In his trolling world, how dare we divert our attention from Muschamp and Driskel for a few feel-good weeks. Most of us already know this, I'm just trying to educate the new posters here who may not be keen to his trolling ways, or the idea that many from GSMB have always been skeptical of him, depsite his one or two influential proponents.
Yeah Sonoma, he basically kept it right above the line from getting the axe but it was the same old response very time,

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart said:
The Original DC;n29683 said:

I had Law on my ignore list when we were still on GSMB (At one point, Ox was close to getting on my ignore list as well for a month or so when he was in a serious trolling mode). I didn't know such an option existed on this board, so I have just opted to not read Law's posts.
If someone were to provide me with instructions on how to get him on my ignore list, then I'd do it.
Thanks, TheDoug!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
TheDouglas78;n29640 said:
When did this become a bitch session about the wise and noble Law?
He's brought up in every single damn thread even when he hasn't contributed. I felt it was time to address it. I agree, let's move on.
Ok, Sas, how do you have a thread about Gator football that has nothing to do with Mushcramp?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n29683 said:

Weren't you there? Apparently not or you wouldn't ask. There was once a dedicated crew of Sidfighters.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
The Original DC;n29680 said:
He once, in a moment of rare clarity, openly admitted to baiting posters and making life miserable for Gator fans on GSMB. He was in physical pain for the few weeks of Gator Nation being infatuated with the incredible basketball season and Final Four run, taking every possible moment to minimize and downplay that team and the fans who were loving it.
:rolleyes:

You're a dramatic little princess, aren't you.

I still don't give a shiit about basketball, or track, or volleyball, or darts, or rowing or synchronized swimming. I've said it all along.

I also don't pretend to know anything about it. Probably can't recognize anything beyond zone and man, pick and roll maybe. So many of you, actually especially you, are in the same boat about football but you can't admit it to yourself.
I hope my outing you as a *********** troll gives you half the aggravation and frustration that you have given 90% of the Gator fans on this and other boards over the years.

Now run along and bitch to someone else about our offensive rankings over the last three years, it's been five minutes, a-hole, someone may have forgotten! Surely someone here is expressing hope and optimism in a thread, go stamp that stuff out, there's no place for it here, not with Law around! Shout em' down as sunshine pumpers or defeat their spirit by telling them a winning record in the SEC is completely unrealistic. You don't express opinions, you've made it your business to sew disconent and unhappiness, and then take it as a personal afront when others don't comply.

Now, I'd like to go and try and find a thread that actually discusses Gator football that you haven't already soiled. Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator