Top 5 Coaches

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Has this been done before? Either way screw it. Since the Zook thread has caused turmoil name the top 5 coaches in UF history (football)
1. Spurrier
2. Meyer
3. Graves
4. Mullen
5. Pell

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Has this been done before? Either way screw it. Since the Zook thread has caused turmoil name the top 5 coaches in UF history (football)
1. Spurrier
2. Meyer
3. Graves
4. Mullen
5. Pell

No Van Fleet?

(waaaay too soon to put Mullen on this list)

Alex.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
1. Spurrier
2. Meyer (I guess though in his typical pattern he hollowed out the program.)
3. Graves
4. Hall (Who won two SEC titles and conserved the program so there was something there when Spurrier got the job.)
5. Bachman (I guess, started fast and then faded.)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1 - The Ole Ball Coach
2 - Urban
5 - The Field

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can't have Mullen on there yet. Maybe when he finishes higher than 3rd in the East he can be considered.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The fifty years before Graves we had 10 AAs (most from obscure ratings) Graves 10 yrs produced 13. Two bowl games but none of in the BIG four. (Rose Orange Sugar Cotton) or Heisman winners. Graves made a real impact. And he brought us Steve Spurrier.
He won 70% of his games and took us to the Sugar and Orange Bowl and a total of five bowl games in 10 yrs where the previous 50 was 2.
I might say SOS, then Ray, then Urban. Then Hall/Charlie Charlie just thought he was allowed to play the game like it was being played
in Athens and Tuscaloosa and Knoxville etc. But he wasnt.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He's got a shot. Pell didn't turn around just the football program. He had a major impetus in the expansion (and enclosure) of Florida Field.

Yep. He convinced Ben Hill Griffin, Jr. to donate $10m to bowl in the south end zone, creating the sound trap that made it the loudest stadium in the nation and upgraded the locker & weight rooms to state of the art at the time. Pell also built the booster/Gator Club system into what is is today.

And years later when Ben Hill Griffin, Jr. was given some other award on the field he said, “I’m still a Charley Pell man!”

1. SOS
2. Meyer
3. Pell
4. Graves
5. Meh

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
The fifty years before Graves we had 10 AAs (most from obscure ratings) Graves 10 yrs produced 13. Two bowl games but none of in the BIG four. (Rose Orange Sugar Cotton) or Heisman winners. Graves made a real impact. And he brought us Steve Spurrier.
He won 70% of his games and took us to the Sugar and Orange Bowl and a total of five bowl games in 10 yrs where the previous 50 was 2.
I might say SOS, then Ray, then Urban. Then Hall/Charlie Charlie just thought he was allowed to play the game like it was being played
in Athens and Tuscaloosa and Knoxville etc. But he wasnt.
You could put Graves #2. Without him then no SOS. No Urban, no Timmy ect, ect. Without SOS we are Ole Miss. Graves #2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.