Top Gun 2

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yes that pool got a lot of action for sure.

Man the memories from there and the Beachcomber in Mission Beach are crazy. Good times. One of my running buddies retired a LtGen (3 star). I could have derailed his career early on just from our exploits in those 2 spots.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man the memories from there and the Beachcomber in Mission Beach are crazy. Good times. One of my running buddies retired a LtGen (3 star). I could have derailed his career early on just from our exploits in those 2 spots.

This photo is hanging up in my garage. Do you recognize it? It was hanging on the wall in the beachcomber. My wife got it for my birthday many years ago because she knew how much I liked it.
175b2d396b660f0f13807ff6a973ca46.jpg

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This photo is hanging up in my garage. Do you recognize it? It was hanging on the wall in the beachcomber. My wife got it for my birthday many years ago because she knew how much I liked it.

That’s awesome. Not sure I remember it. All I recall about that place were the San Diego girls and pissing into a trough in the head.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Call the ball...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id never seen this before. Pretty cool. And frightening.

Every fvkking day on a carrier is dangerous. Very dangerous.

This isnt the Air Force we are talking about.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, I'm very familiar with "call the ball" as a light/indicator/landing aide.

But, I wasn't playing off the Naval term because the pic was of them playing baseball on the deck, I was playing off the baseball term and the comedic skit by Abbott and Costello.

As an aside, thanks for the videos as it shows you're intimately familiar with seamen.
:tickle: :rainbow: :giggity:

Also, have you ever handled a stapler or an individual piece of paper? Well, if not, then please don't lecture me on dangers of a job.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Id never seen this before. Pretty cool. And frightening.

Every fvkking day on a carrier is dangerous. Very dangerous.

This isnt the Air Force we are talking about.

I remember reading something once about the Navy measuring stress of their pilots during the Viet Nam war and discovered that the highest levels were during landing on carriers, especially at night; higher even than in combat.
Any of our pilots know if that's accurate?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'm very familiar with "call the ball" as a light/indicator/landing aide.

But, I wasn't playing off the Naval term because the pic was of them playing baseball on the deck, I was playing off the baseball term and the comedic skit by Abbott and Costello.

As an aside, thanks for the videos as it shows you're intimately familiar with seamen.
:tickle: :rainbow: :giggity:

Also, have you ever handled a stapler or an individual piece of paper? Well, if not, then please don't lecture me on dangers of a job.

:bwahaha:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hold on, fellas. Top Gun made women start swooning over fighter pilots?? Come on, now. I'm pretty sure that's been going on for as long as there's been fighter pilots. In fact it's depicted in the movie! And in many movies prior to that one.
My understanding is that while they always did well, the movie jacked it up quite a bit. But then, I only know what I was told.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator