Top Secret Automobile Sighting

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As some might know, I'm having work done on my house so we are staying in a hotel right down the street. I woke up this morning, opened our curtains to find these 4 cars with covers on them right below. At first I didn't think much, due to it actually raining overnight, but the more I thought about it throughout the morning, the more I was intrigued to know.

We I finally made it downstairs, to take the kiddos to school, I walked over to try and take a peak. Nothing could be identified other than they all 4 have Georgia License Plates with "Distributor" on them, at the bottom. I lifted the cover, above a tire or two to try and get a decal, but they were just blacked out rims with no logo at all. Went up to the front, lifted the cover at the nose but again, no logos. Only other information on them was a tag on the cover, driver side window, that had a ticket inside. That had tracking information and "LAX" on it. This led me to believe they were shipped in to Los Angeles.

I left, dropped the kids off, and came back from breakfast. Went into the lobby and there's about 12 guys, all with laptops and glasses, speaking foreign language (German) the entire time. Finally, I left and went back outside to notice one car has it's cover pulled off. I quickly snapped the photo below, incognito style, and then walked closer to look. If you zoom in on the photo you will see details I describe.

There was black tape all over the vehicle covering any kind of information to identify. The break lights are fake red stickers with black tape. There's bolts drilled into the hatchback. The windows are taped over with a screen print to camouflage. Then out of no where one of the guys gets out of the driver's side. Scared the piss out of me and of course I'm snooping around. He briefly talks to me while opening up the hatchback. There's all kind of computer equipment in the back with wires going all over the interior of the car. The door panels are completely covered with heavy black felt clothes. This car looked like a spaceship inside.

I asked his what they were and he smiled and said he couldn't say. I asked if it was classified and he didn't know what that word meant. I said, "classified" and he looked at me confused. I said, "secret" and he nodded and said, "oh yeah". I asked if it was a Porsche and he said he didn't know. If I had to guess it kinda looked like a Cayenne. He opened the passenger door and I got a glimpse in there. Tons of wires everywhere with black felt tarps all over. Then he covered the car back up.

I asked what he was doing here and he stated that they had driven up from Vegas and are headed over to San Francisco.

Any speculations from you car guys? @'78

IMG_1381.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1383.JPG

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously the Republican's newest voter suppression vehicles. They got all the latest tech that's guaranteed to make every Democrat leave their voter ID at home, essentially ensuring a Trump win!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That looks like a Cayenne with the cover off. You said Georgia plates. Porsche's North America headquarters is in Atlanta, next to the airport.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
porsche-cayenne-turbo-2015-wallpaper-8.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Although I've seen this Cayenne test mule, which has faux taillights purposely designed to fool.

2018-porsche-cayenne-test-mule-spied-in-germany-106166_1.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although I've seen this Cayenne test mule, which has faux taillights purposely designed to fool.

2018-porsche-cayenne-test-mule-spied-in-germany-106166_1.jpg

That's exactly it. A couple of the cars under the tarp have those same taillights. Also, that car you posted has the same rivets across the back, same tire rims and same black taping.

What do you this they are doing out here?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So my wife is totally freaked out about the cars. She asked me tonight if I noticed the suspicious black cars cover in the parking lot. Asks if I noticed the suspicious foreign speaking persons (Germans). Told me she called the hotel lobby to ask it they knew of anything and why were there black suspicious cars, which they knew nothing of. I'm surprised she didn't call the police.

I tried to ease her by telling her I spoke briefly to one of the guys. That the car was completely wired with computer stuff all inside and that they said it was top secret stuff. That certainly didn't help.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Tell your wife to relax about the crazy German engineers. The purpose of a test mule is to check out new systems under normal driving conditions, maybe a chassis or powertrain redesign, over an extended period of time in order to get a true feel for strengths and weaknesses. It's not uncommon for engineers to get in a test mule and drive the width of the country. The longer the test, the greater the accuracy.

Porsche is the midst of wholesale changes to its lineup to conform to US CAFE standards. The Cayman and Boxster, for example, are going from 3.4- and 2.7-liter offerings (S model and base) to new 2.5- and 2.0-liter turbocharged motors for the new 718 models. They don't emit the same distinctive Porsche wail but in the case of the 2.5 turbo, it kicks out an amazing 309 foot pounds of torque. That's as quick as the current 981 GT4, which sports the 3.8 from the 991 Carrera S.

I bring this up because it's entirely possible Porsche could be, among other things, testing a more efficient motor in these cars, which would also explain why you've got four of them covered outside your hotel window causing your poor wife to wonder if they're invaders from another planet.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great. They are gonna bomb Pearl Harbor AGAIN...I just know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.