Toxic culture of Maryland football; Durkin placed on leave

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How would anyone know when you use anonymous sources? He coulda made the whole thing up for all we know.
I know we live in a time where half the country just calls every news story they don’t like “fake,” but once again, the amount of corroboration in a report like this is off the charts. 100+ football players, dozens of staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know we live in a time where half the country just calls every news story they don’t like “fake,” but once again, the amount of corroboration in a report like this is off the charts. 100+ football players, dozens of staff.
Good, he will be cheaper.

Hire him tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good he will be cheaper.

Hire him tomorrow.

I’d love to have DJ on staff. Great recruiter and solid LB coach . He wasn’t a great DC but was solid. Certainly better than sidehat , randy or hoke .

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Damon Evans preaching about restoring respect to the program. :lol:

Does he think we all forgot about being caught with a hooker and her red panties in his lap while driving drunk in Atlanta?

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I have an uncle in his early 60's that mows his entire front and backyard and then play golf without drinking a drop of water. He's always done it, and my aunt has always been on him to drink more water. Last week he was on the 16th green and bent down to get his ball and completely fell out. Luckily the people behind him saw him and they got him to the hospital. I was at their house this morning and he drank a huge glass of water before going out. Nothing is worse than heatstroke

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have an uncle in his early 60's that mows his entire front and backyard and then play golf without drinking a drop of water. He's always done it, and my aunt has always been on him to drink more water. Last week he was on the 16th green and bent down to get his ball and completely fell out. Luckily the people behind him saw him and they got him to the hospital. I was at their house this morning and he drank a huge glass of water before going out. Nothing is worse than heatstroke
Hope he’s ok. I knew a guy that drank hot, black coffee while mowing the lawn. Crazy SOB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My grandfather was one hard working dude, sun up to sun down. If he was coming to help hed be there by 6:00. He would make up work if he didn't have any.

Nothing but coffee or tea. Ever.

Last edited:

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Hope our coaches did no such things. It appears that Tom Herman might have tipped off reporters that screwed up CUM.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No excuse for not monitoring players. As a Fresh/Soph our Coach was exactly like that, hard, had a mouth, and dang sure no water at all. Really tough but that's the way it was and we dealt with it. We were a 4-16 team those two years and he was fired. New coach comes in, new mentality and he had a staff that kept us upbeat, worked hard, and training/player health was tops. Needless to say my last two years 17-3. The Culture. It's gotta come from the top and that's your HBC. It's not the same today and it is what it is. Gotta find that balance, but also no excuse not to work hard to keep your team safe. Things will happen and are uncontrolled. But things like this....sounds like they were not on top of it.

B1G getting some turmoil. Headbalz is probably licking his chops about his chances. But he'll still "F" it up.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I agree and you will always have the heat stroke freak incident on very rare occasions. As long as they are pushing staying hydrated and making it clear if you feel like something isn't right in the heat to get with staff right away that is enough imo. I guess you will get the player not wanting to show he is having issues but not sure how you can eliminate that totally in a sport you have to get the work in like that in the heat most times.

You do that by not being an ******* to someone in distress. In basic training, Drill Sergeants walk around with ear thermometers in their pocket and Soldiers who appear distressed get their temp taken. You would be surprised at the number of heat casualties there are and this stuff is monitored by the hour. We lost one in my battalion back in 2004-2005 at Ft. Jackson. Stud Soldier, running around, seemingly fine, core temp got to 104 before he fell out. Last person in the world you would expect to fall out. Company honor grad, top PT, he was doing great. Died 3 days later because his internal organs were cooked.

I doubt any of these *******s survive the month. I would love to hear some DT pick both these *******s up and body slam them. I am a DC for a varsity football team. I don't talk to my players this way and would personally kick the ever loving **** out of any coach who talked to my son the way this article describes these two did.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You do that by not being an ******* to someone in distress. In basic training, Drill Sergeants walk around with ear thermometers in their pocket and Soldiers who appear distressed get their temp taken. You would be surprised at the number of heat casualties there are and this stuff is monitored by the hour. We lost one in my battalion back in 2004-2005 at Ft. Jackson. Stud Soldier, running around, seemingly fine, core temp got to 104 before he fell out. Last person in the world you would expect to fall out. Company honor grad, top PT, he was doing great. Died 3 days later because his internal organs were cooked.

I doubt any of these *******s survive the month. I would love to hear some DT pick both these *******s up and body slam them. I am a DC for a varsity football team. I don't talk to my players this way and would personally kick the ever loving **** out of any coach who talked to my son the way this article describes these two did.
msy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator