Toxic culture of Maryland football; Durkin placed on leave

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My receivers coach in HS would literally kick me in the ass every time I bent over to puke during August two-a-days. Never gave it a second thought until right now. It must have been repressed abuse that was just too painful for me to deal with and has since manifested itself in self destructive behavior that caused me to live a happy life free of a feeling of victimhood. I've missed out on some great paydays.
Jackie Sherrill once castrated a bull in front of his players at practice. I'm sure it came as quite a shock to them, (and the bull), when the bull was led out to the middle of the field for the ceremony. I wonder how the vegans/animal rights activists on the team would react in this day and age.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder of DJ is hangin out with Urbs somewhere.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
UF Athletics Suffers Tragic Loss - Florida Gators

Definitely no joke, we have dealt with it here on our campus during Spurrier's tenure. As a coach, when you look these kids parents in the eyes and tell them that you will watch over their children, you have the absolute responsibility to do just that. It's just water....it doesn't make anyone weaker, but it will save their life.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He gone.

@Brett_McMurphy: Maryland has announced a 2 p.m. press conference today w/president Wallace D. Loh & AD Damon Evans

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get all the Durkin love going on around here. The guy was nothing special while he was here and in case you forgot he was in charge of special teams when this happened.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get all the Durkin love going on around here. The guy was nothing special while he was here and in case you forgot he was in charge of special teams when this happened.

Do you get all the Choker Grantham love? He has sucked azz often and been mediocre at best at every stop.

And he cant recruit.

Fvkk the dwag.

By the way, do you also remember on the prior punt Durkin SAW that dumazz failing to hold the edge, met him on the field to correct him? At some point when your player to fvkking stupid or stoned to do their job, you have to fire them, which is what we did.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you get all the Choker Grantham love? He has sucked azz often and been mediocre at best at every stop.

And he cant recruit.

Fvkk the dwag.

By the way, do you also remember on the prior punt Durkin SAW that dumazz failing to hold the edge, met him on the field to correct him? At some point when your player to fvkking stupid or stoned to do their job, you have to fire them, which is what we did.

I didn’t say anything about Grantham, the thread is about Durkin and I still think Durkin was average at best while he was here and if he was so great like it seems you think he was he should have known his player was too fvkking stupid or stoned to do his job and put somebody else in the game. By the way I’m not a big fan of Grantham either but I am going to wait and see how he does before throwing him under the bus.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you get all the Choker Grantham love?
Can you show us some of this? I've seen almost none of it on this board.

At this point, I don't care about the choke gesture all those years ago. We beat their asses that day.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Can you show us some of this? I've seen almost none of it on this board.

At this point, I don't care about the choke gesture all those years ago. We beat their asses that day.
2006_04_19_choke.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Then why use anonymous sources?

But the purpose of anonymous sources can be that it's a "free-write" 'cause sources cannot be checked, followed up on. So, the writer can leap off the cliff and just hang-glide on his own hot air with his every sentence. This allows the 'skippage' of any burdensome research effort, which is "the real work" of being a reporter.

Well, it’s bullsh*t when it can ruin someone’s career and reputation.

Right MJM, that's lawlessness allowing the accusing unfettered fabrications.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Nothing more than yet another attack on football. I think we all know that the days are numbered for the sport.
Well.......if you're in a hole, quit digging. They bring this shyt on themselves with stupidity and dumbassry like this. Kids that play HS football aren't used to practicing in the middle of the day first of all. Second, suspending the athletic trainers is a sign of how stupid the admin is in the first place. Those trainers are brought in by the coaching staff, which is a mistake to begin with, they should be hired by the medical staff without any influence from the coaches and answer ONLY to the team MD. They aren't gonna step in in a situation like that and get berated by the coaches and lose the respect of the players for intervening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.