Toxic culture of Maryland football; Durkin placed on leave

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Do you get all the Choker Grantham love? He has sucked azz often and been mediocre at best at every stop.

And he cant recruit.

Fvkk the dwag.

By the way, do you also remember on the prior punt Durkin SAW that dumazz failing to hold the edge, met him on the field to correct him? At some point when your player to fvkking stupid or stoned to do their job, you have to fire them, which is what we did.

I admit I haven't watched his defenses that much but the guy has made the numbers much better at most of his stops and just had that one real bad Georgia season. I think he turned Louisville and MSU into top 10 defenses and had a couple of pretty good years at Georgia. Not sure what will happen here but he has had some good stops previously.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You do that by not being an ******* to someone in distress. In basic training, Drill Sergeants walk around with ear thermometers in their pocket and Soldiers who appear distressed get their temp taken. You would be surprised at the number of heat casualties there are and this stuff is monitored by the hour. We lost one in my battalion back in 2004-2005 at Ft. Jackson. Stud Soldier, running around, seemingly fine, core temp got to 104 before he fell out. Last person in the world you would expect to fall out. Company honor grad, top PT, he was doing great. Died 3 days later because his internal organs were cooked.

I doubt any of these *******s survive the month. I would love to hear some DT pick both these *******s up and body slam them. I am a DC for a varsity football team. I don't talk to my players this way and would personally kick the ever loving **** out of any coach who talked to my son the way this article describes these two did.

Well let me rephrase that - unless you have people taking temps from everyone multiple times during practice if that is practical because some people are going to be hard heads and not admit something isn't right.

Nothing like that was done in the mid 80s in boot camp obviously but the drill sergeants did force you to drink water whether you wanted to or not and did give the speech a few times that you needed to notify someone if there could be an issue with the heat. You still got the rare heat stroke deaths however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well let me rephrase that - unless you have people taking temps from everyone multiple times during practice if that is practical because some people are going to be hard heads and not admit something isn't right.

Nothing like that was done in the mid 80s in boot camp obviously but the drill sergeants did force you to drink water whether you wanted to or not and did give the speech a few times that you needed to notify someone if there could be an issue with the heat. You still got the rare heat stroke deaths however.
At Benning we also had these mister things set up in various areas including on the running tracks. Hard to overheat when they were forcing water down your throat and spraying you down too. Sugar cookies! Yum!

We had zero heat casualities despite being in June July and August heat in south Jawja.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

I commanded E 3/13 at Ft. Jackson. I had 12 Drill Sergeants in my unit. An ear thermometer was required as part of their uniform and was an inspectable item. When a SIT would sweat profusely or not at all, they got their ear "stuck". It only takes a second. We also had hydration formations at night, during the day, at ranges, during stops, etc.

If you have been in the Army, you know how over board the Army gets when it implements a new procedure. :)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I commanded E 3/13 at Ft. Jackson. I had 12 Drill Sergeants in my unit. An ear thermometer was required as part of their uniform and was an inspectable item. When a SIT would sweat profusely or not at all, they got their ear "stuck". It only takes a second. We also had hydration formations at night, during the day, at ranges, during stops, etc.

If you have been in the Army, you know how over board the Army gets when it implements a new procedure. :)

Yep a guy I talked to after I got out was telling me how dangerous it was to be a drill sergeant compared to when we went in. Said some people were hoping they got the notice for recruiter instead of drill sergeant since things had changed so much. When I did boot camp they would still drag people away from the other recruits occasionally and give them an attitude adjustment but wouldn't just openly do it out in the open like during Vietnam etc.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Yep a guy I talked to after I got out was telling me how dangerous it was to be a drill sergeant compared to when we went in. Said some people were hoping they got the notice for recruiter instead of drill sergeant since things had changed so much. When I did boot camp they would still drag people away from the other recruits occasionally and give them an attitude adjustment but wouldn't just openly do it out in the open like during Vietnam etc.

Yep. I often told my Drill Sergeants the only reason I was around was to keep them from killing the trainees and for the CG to have someone to court martial in case they were successful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He got "promoted" from ugly, to.loovulle, to cowbell.

His career is like Half Kiffy's. It would make more sense in reverse

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.