Transfer Portal 2021 Best Program

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no equivalent to Pitts, he might be the best Tight End prospect as a pass catcher entering the NFL in over a decade (which is why he is rated as a top 10 pick).

There may not be an equivalent to him, but he may be just as good for our program. I think he’s the highest rated TE in recruiting ranking history. He’s going to be special here.

Bowman has the potential to be our best back since C4.

Lingard has crazy potential as well. I don’t know what his injury was, but it seems to really screwed him up. He’s a shell of what he was in high school.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There may not be an equivalent to him, but he may be just as good for our program. I think he’s the highest rated TE in recruiting ranking history. He’s going to be special here.

Lingard has crazy potential as well. I don’t know what his injury was, but it seems to really screwed him up. He’s a shell of what he was in high school.

Potential is great, are we going to be running the same offense to allow these kids to be special? Talent is great and I'm not saying these kids aren't talented. But Pitts was a generational talent at TE. The transfer could be great, and no where am I saying he won't be. But to compare to Pitts at this point is short sighted.

The running back room is well stocked, no one is arguing. The question now is will there be holes or an offense that allows them to excel. Games are won and lost on the lines, and I'm not sure I trust ours yet.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Potential is great, are we going to be running the same offense to allow these kids to be special? Talent is great and I'm not saying these kids aren't talented. But Pitts was a generational talent at TE. The transfer could be great, and no where am I saying he won't be. But to compare to Pitts at this point is short sighted.

The running back room is well stocked, no one is arguing. The question now is will there be holes or an offense that allows them to excel. Games are won and lost on the lines, and I'm not sure I trust ours yet.

Believe it or not, the DL has more talent than the OL. Having EJ will be good for the offense because the OL is just average in starting talent and below average in depth.

the problem is that Grantham is just a blitzer and he has no elite blitzing backers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Remind me how many 1000 yard rushers Mullinz has had in the last 15 years? Pretty sure the answer is 1. Whether Mullinz has one more year or two, that won't change.

There is a reason for that. In Mullinz offense, the defense gets to pick who keeps the ball. If it's Percy and Tebow, it probably doesn't much matter. But if you are gameplanning for UF and you decide Bowman is the real deal you just have the DE crash on the back so the read is keep.

This offense will never really be able to utilize RB talent and it's why RBs avoid Mullinz like the plague. You could put Brantley in the backfield with Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders on the roster, and Brantley would be the #1 or #2 back in terms of carries and yardage.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The Florida Gators are the runaway winner of the transfer portal for 2021 according to the 247Sports ratings. Florida signed the top two rated players the entire portal and also added important depth on the interior defensive line. Tight end Arik Gilbert was one of the best in the SEC as a true freshman for LSU in 2020 and will be expected to step in and start in the role vacated by Florida tight end Kyle Pitts, who is off to the NFL Draft. Gilbert received a rating of 99 in high school and keeps that lofty rating here. The odds are good of Gilbert being a rare transfer non-QB being drafted in the first round.

Running back Demarkcus Bowman was also a five star in high school and keeps his rating after transferring a few weeks into his freshman season at Clemson. The ratings team believes his ability is unchanged. Penn State defensive tackle transfer Antonio Shelton received a grade of 87 and is expected to start for the Gators, while Auburn defensive tackle Daquan Nerkirk was graded an 81. The ratings team expects Newkirk to provide good depth.

Florida coach Dan Mullen has had a good track record with transfers of late including defensive ends Jonathan Greenard and Brenton Cox, receivers Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes, and offensive lineman Stewart Reese.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
how many years do we get to count Bowman? We counted him in 2020 too.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

:scratchchin:

Let me tell you...LSU team rules ain't UF team rules...this guy must have really Fuchsed up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.