Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Colbert just visited Malik Benson, JUCO WR. He has already established a relationship with him. This looks like its going to be a big boy battle with LSU, Tenn, UGA, Bama and Florida pushing hard for him. Looks like end of May he will be coming on an official visit. Dude is fast and can jump, instantly make our WR room better for a few years.

So, you're saying "He's Black"?

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A big time DT transfer Darrell Jackson just committed to Miami. We were supposedly leading. A really bad look and I haven't seen us do shcit yet as far recruiting goes. The effort appears to be there just haven't seen any results yet. This one's a bad look imo.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
A big time DT transfer Darrell Jackson just committed to Miami. We were supposedly leading. A really bad look and I haven't seen us do shcit yet as far recruiting goes. The effort appears to be there just haven't seen any results yet. This one's a bad look imo.
Just a guess, but looking at his less than overwhelming rating (5.6/3* per rivals), we may have decided to pass on his NIL demands or just decided to look elsewhere. Who really knows beside BN and staff? But I too would like to see some good news on the portal front - sooner than later.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I guess we didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for. 75k is what is being thrown around on another site that miami offered him. I dont know anything about player worth or whatever, but I do know you cant overpay for all the players. Sure is a position of need for this upcoming season. After that, not sure how much he is worth.

I too would love to have some good news too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for. 75k is what is being thrown around on another site that miami offered him. I dont know anything about player worth or whatever, but I do know you cant overpay for all the players. Sure is a position of need for this upcoming season. After that, not sure how much he is worth.

I too would love to have some good news too.
Glad to see we're still not getting into an arms race

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Love the positivity. In April.
Keep your head in the sand all you want. We're obviously behind on NIL. After nearly a decade and a half of shcit decisions, I guess I shouldn't be too shocked that we don't have much NIL support. The gator collective should sue Jeremy Foley ass off.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
"M" is the Roman Numeral for 1,000
It's also what you dial for murder. According to the movie.

Also bad coaches... Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen.

Also candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hands (which is complete bs..never-mind the coloring stains)

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It is. TOS is flaming right now. They love all the activity but we are seemingly getting smacked pretty good right now. Lost 2 good kids to Miami over the last couple months.

that being said Jackson was not an impact player IMO. Just a depth piece.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Dude aint worth the money miami is giving him. All the crybabies on the other site making a lot of noise about 'whiffing' on another guy are the same crybabies who said darrell jackson is a 3 star level recruit not worth taking. Im not sure which way it really is, probably more in the middle, but don't think he is worth that dough. I want the kid but word is miami doubled their offer after he accepted the invite to move his OV up to UF to this weekend versus in May and jackson committed publicly.

And what does commit actually mean for someone in the portal? I thought you just do the paper work to transfer and the whole commit thing is high school level stuff. Is there now an official signing day for transfers? I thought those dates were just a cut off date (dates you have to transfer by to be eligible to play that upcoming season: 1 feb for SEC->SEC transfer and 1 May for all transfers).

EDIT: just read on tos that jackson's deal with miami is "north of 400k" (M for alcoholica). Fug that guy...aint worth it. Save that money for the bump class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb