Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just added a JUCO OT to our 2022 class. Big dude and very athletic. He counts towards the 2022 counters so I love the take since we lose that counter anyways.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Counters don't matter none. It's the 85 limit we got to worry about.
Or do we? Still don't know what stops an NIL deal that pays for a scholarship.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Raise min SAT requirements and you’ll thin the herd of the Wizards exponentially
It would be a start, and absolutely the right thing to do. But we're so far gone at this point that I'm really pessimistic about restoring any semblance of academic integrity or general order in the upper reaches of CFB. The rogue programs have inherited the Earth and they won't give it back without one hell of a fight. JMHO.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a start, and absolutely the right thing to do. But we're so far gone at this point that I'm really pessimistic about restoring any semblance of academic integrity or general order in the upper reaches of CFB. The rogue programs have inherited the Earth and they won't give it back without one hell of a fight. JMHO.
I actually thought that when the NFL was teetering that we’d see reduced salary cap and wages. Still might occur. If that happens, College Football would likely be saved because all the Wizards would be playing baseball and basketball as a way to make money.

but yeah, it’ll take a major shift to get any decency back. I just can’t wait for the dark side to come out.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Oh yeah...because most college's offer an education that is actually worth something these days anyways unless you are going into a true profession. Come to think about it, football is a true profession and I think everyone would agree that the SEC to the football profession would be the Ivy League to the academic professions.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Oh yeah...because most college's offer an education that is actually worth something these days anyways unless you are going into a true profession. Come to think about it, football is a true profession and I think everyone would agree that the SEC to the football profession would be the Ivy League to the academic professions.

It’s been proposed before (maybe here, maybe in a sports column, idk) that universities should offer a variety of sports related majors like coaching, sports management, etc to give the athletes something they are likely to understand and maintain an interest that will carry them through to graduation. It won’t solve all the problems, but I think we’d see more success stories for athletes who don’t reach the pros.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’s been proposed before (maybe here, maybe in a sports column, idk) that universities should offer a variety of sports related majors like coaching, sports management, etc to give the athletes something they are likely to understand and maintain an interest that will carry them through to graduation. It won’t solve all the problems, but I think we’d see more success stories for athletes who don’t reach the pros.
They will all reach the Pros ... until they don't.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Huuuhhh? Whhuuuttt?
105c9aa9360455eb62c7e8fb177c289f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member