Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably your best post ever to this point. Notice how you didn’t say too much and let the picture(not Gif) do the talking. Way more effective. Try that more often. Also consider not posting at all. Another plus.
If Blue don't post, how can we make him a better person - like we done for all us others on here.?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

2022 roster has only a few seniors and redshirt seniors sprinkled throughout. We won’t lose too many bodies even if some juniors leave, but the numbers will start to thin after next year of recruiting does not pick back up at LB. We have eight guys now listed as TE and all are relatively young. Curious to see what guys who redshirted last year will bring to the table….

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think you may be overly concerned...I am sure they know what they'll need. Our Defense was atrocious the last 2 years...now I think that was Grantham but...
Again...recruiting is not over.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm gonna be the minority here but I hope we don't take em. They had their chance. If we continue to take transfers like this, what incentive does any top recruiting have to sign with us on signing day? I'd tell the little fockers to piss off.

I’ve said this about the portal since the beginning. You already had kids spending the recruiting process having fun, taking free OVs, trolling fan bases on social media, etc. instead of recognizing it as a critical decision in their lives. Giving them at least one free pass was only going to make matters worse.

Having said that, we have to play the cards we’re dealt and the portal is part of that. And especially in year 1 of a transition from a coach who didn’t bother to recruit. I consider a guy like Singletary to be similar to Lingard. Would you have joined last year’s defensive unit? He may have wanted to be here all along. Both are takes all day.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
There’s no telling what level of weirdness on Kelly’s part has got Perkins running for the hills.

We need some quality at lb especially after this season is over, so come on home son. It’s safer here….

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'm gonna be the minority here but I hope we don't take em. They had their chance. If we continue to take transfers like this, what incentive does any top recruiting have to sign with us on signing day? I'd tell the little fockers to piss off.
It's the times we live in...Bama takes both...UGA...Napier inherited feces...let's judge his recruiting after we see the product on the field...and let me add not W&L...discipline, fight, effort, and execution.
We had talent in the past...it's worthless without coaching...and recruits know it.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@ltraz I greatly appreciate your knowledge and insight. I've seen what Napier had done at UL...I know it's not the SEC but he was well liked, respected and became a force even with non-top talent. He appears to adapt.

SOS came in with cabinets full, as did Meyer, as well as Chump. I look at Jimbo and want none of that. You said Kiffin? Gundy? They are way behind Napier?

I look forward to your, net, and cover2's views in 6 weeks.

AND...we have a ways to go.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

But you have not even allowed a game to play. My pick was Kerwin Bell...He has won everywhere...given time...BUT that ain't happening. I first wanted Kiffin of the guys we were considering.

So your gripe is it what?... Sun Belt...? Yet he was at Bama and Clemson. I get it you don't like him. I do. SOS came from Duke and USFL...Really?

I was not sold on Muschump...I hated his temper and sideline antics and no offense. I was okay with Butters but he seemed over his head...I accepted Cousin Eddie but he was my last choice...I was told he has/had massive character issues

So who?

You know we are also dealing with UF Administration...EVERY time I bring that up I'm considered hijacking. But y'all tell me...would UF accept a Kiffin? A Leach?...another Meyer? Auburn took Cam. LSU has players that academically could never qualify at UF. Jimbo had Winston...really?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I suspect you are going to not only be in the minority, but a very lonely minority at that. While I suspect this is just smoke, and neither ends up transferring here, I'd take either or both in a heartbeat. Perhaps one day, CBN will build the roster to point where incoming transfers will not be needed, but I doubt he ever completely shuts off the valve. Saban and Shart currently have the most talented rosters in the SEC, and arguably in all of CFB, yet both happily take in a transfer if the guy is talented enough at a position of need. My hope is that we too will have the luxury one day of being highly selective.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Chill brother:

Napier was at Bama twice...as an analyst and a WR coach. I know Napier did not have the same resume' that SOS had...but I heard it all about SOS.

You don't like the pick...I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.