Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh, I was talking about the Corbin(RB) kid.

Ahh.....

Also, the RB transfer would be a good pick up, but I think we're fine for 2020 season if there's no injuries. If we can land a true freshman RB on NSD we're fine at RB. We just need to start landing our primary target once every 3 years (instead of 4 or more).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Possibly. Did we drop the “perfect guy” or just try to add another type of QB to this class? Without knowing the plan, tough to judge. Worked out well for us it seems though...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Corbin was interested in UF. The 247 podcast flat out said this, but they had no idea of our interest in him. I can only assume we told him no or to wait.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No, I was asking for consistency. Donk is excited about AR but was criticizing because Champ has higher rated QBs. Which is it? The Beck saga is admittedly interesting but we have no idea what the plan was and pursuing him didn’t affect AR - much. Still recommitted.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Agreed. And, for the record, thought it was stupid to pursue Beck but, at the time, wasn’t sold on AR either. He’s improved a lot since then. Maybe his lack of accuracy and consistency with throwing motion led us to look around?

That said, if I was going to pick a QB, I wish we would’ve pushed hard for Fields. He could’ve been great here.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I meant Fields after the transfer. I think we at least had a good pitch we could make but I’m guessing we decided not to because of Franks and EJ. I think we have an even better season with him here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly. Did we drop the “perfect guy” or just try to add another type of QB to this class? Without knowing the plan, tough to judge. Worked out well for us it seems though...
I know how it worked out. The Perfect Guy took offense and started shopping himself.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone hearing any noise on Ricky Slade?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read that his HS coach had ties to UF. I do remember us being in the running early for him, but that was McElwain still I think. I believe he was on campus multiple times.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I hate to admit you’re right but history says you are. But what do you think the ceiling is with a kid like that here? I seriously think UF is in the playoff this year.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Thanks for providing context man! I need this whenever a prospect or transfer is brought up cause I can’t keep up with all 10K+ kids out there

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I read that happened at OSU too. Apparently Fields is not great at reading the field. We’ll see how your boy Venables does. Hope he doesn’t revert to Oklahoma form - I picked them in all my pools!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.