Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
VT could have returned 21 out of 22 starters?

While Virginia Tech is still expected to return 18 of the team's 22 starters from 2019, Hazelton is the third starter since the end of the season to leave the program. Running back Deshawn McClease and tight end Dalton Keene both declared early for the NFL Draft this month.

Phil Steele does an excellent analysis of returning starters. 21 of 22 is very, very rare. 18 of 22 is not uncommon, but still rare.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: Not eligible without a waiver. Considering the allegations going on at Penn State it might be plausible for him to get one though.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@NickdelaTorreGC: Not eligible without a waiver. Considering the allegations going on at Penn State it might be plausible for him to get one though.

He could claim he was publicly bullied by the head coach for the cheeseburger comment. I’m sure fat shaming is looked down upon. Also, could claim he ate a lot to deal with the stress induced byvthe locker room antics that the coach wouldn’t deal with. Should be a slam dunk... for a functioning AD department. I don’t get the warm and fuzzies on his waiver approval.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Regardless of circumstances the common denominator in most favorable transfer cases is, did you lawyer up.
I hope he does, versus counting on the UAA to do it for him.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
He could claim he was publicly bullied by the head coach for the cheeseburger comment. I’m sure fat shaming is looked down upon. Also, could claim he ate a lot to deal with the stress induced byvthe locker room antics that the coach wouldn’t deal with. Should be a slam dunk... for a functioning AD department. I don’t get the warm and fuzzies on his waiver approval.
I agree . With our track record on waivers we will be fortunate to get him in 2021. Still waiting on Cox and our big guy Wilson from the Bahamas. We should have made a deal with the Cartel to get him through Tijuana with an Uber pick up in El Paso.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree . With our track record on waivers we will be fortunate to get him in 2021. Still waiting on Cox and our big guy Wilson from the Bahamas. We should have made a deal with the Cartel to get him through Tijuana with an Uber pick up in El Paso.
Not waiting on Cox. He was denied.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can someone help me catch up with this? I haven't been paying much attention to this situation. I guess I want to know how good this guy is...….I mean 2 years at PSU and almost NO impact....and I've seen PSU's offense a few times in the last few years....It's not like I got the impression they were loaded with WR's.
Not knocking the guy just looking for info.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Can someone help me catch up with this? I haven't been paying much attention to this situation. I guess I want to know how good this guy is...….I mean 2 years at PSU and almost NO impact....and I've seen PSU's offense a few times in the last few years....It's not like I got the impression they were loaded with WR's.
Not knocking the guy just looking for info.
Got injured his freshman year but was widely praised for his bowl practices after that season. Pretty good bowl game I think. Disappointing season and decided to transfer out after the OSU game. He was benched in favor of a walk on at one point and there’s speculation of a falling out that preceded it. Based on franklins comments about his weight and a “cheeseburger from 250”, I’m guessing it’s not far fetched. Will be interesting to see how he pans out - was he lazy and uncommitted, did he just hate the coaches and decide he didn’t want to play for them (possible - he dropped weight to 235 before getting heavy again), or was he just overrated as the #1 WR in his class? We’ll see.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hell can he play LBer?
Have you seen his pictures? I’m sure he can lol there’s not an ounce of fat on him and looks HUGE. If he’s really 250.... strong dude. He’ll be a TE unless he’s quick or fast enough to be outside and if he is... unstoppable. Exciting prospect for sure.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let Savage do his thing.....maybe he just didn't fit in up there. But then again, IMO it's a weird place to begin with. Not a huge Franklin fan.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Former Penn State wide receiver Justin Shorter is looking for a new home. (AP Photo/Steve Luciano)
Former Penn State wide receiver wide receiver Justin Shorter announced on social media Sunday he is transferring to Florida. Shorter entered the transfer portal in November and visited Florida last month and over the weekend.

Shorter (6-foot-4, 230 pounds), a five-star recruit in the 2018 class and the No. 8 overall recruit, was targeted by nearly every major program in the country. Shorter only had three receptions for 20 yards and no touchdowns in 2018 and 12 receptions for 137 yards and no touchdowns in 2019.

Shorter, a native of Monmouth Junction, N.J., would join fellow transfer Jordan Pouncey (Texas) on the UF roster as well as Jaquavion Fraziars from the 2020 signing class. The Gators have verbal commitments from Xzavier Henderson, Marc Britt and Leonard Manuel for the ’20 class and plan to sign letters of intent next month. They will help replace the four seniors (Van Jefferson, Freddie Swain, Tyrie Cleveland and Josh Hammond).

UF will have five players on its roster who were five-star recruits.

Comment as you desire.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Thank God this was posted, I might’ve missed it otherwise.

I think it’s time we traded Chief to Swamp Gas

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.