NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Danger Warning GIF

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
11 for 22 for 190 yds with a TD - which came in garbage time - and a pic. I’d call that average at best.
If these were season averages, I would agree with you, but in a small sample size, it shows why watching the game matters. He came in to start the second half, down 14 (not garbage time). He had two drops in his first three downs, including one on third that would have been a first down. Hit the guy in the chest.

He then was down 17 before re-taking field. From that point, he led Syracuse to 17 second half points, even closing within 7 at one point. While within 2 scores, he had a third down 40 or so yard pass hit a reciever over the shoulder and in stride, but dropped for a potential TD. That led to a punt. I did not watch the rest as I was switching to other games.

So, he should have been 14-22 (minimum) for about 230-250 yards while leading his team to 24 second half points after they only put up 7 in the first half. Pretty effective for a guy who likely got less reps in practice and has no real game reps yet.

DailyOrange.com thought he played well and mention that the INT was tipped. Again, I did not see that play.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Sec14Gator, I wish CDRW well. But I’ll also say that of all the things I may still have concerns about with Napier, his identifying talent isn’t one of them. I’m good with letting him go, and feel like he was vintage Mullen in QB type. Personally, I’m ready to scrap that all together.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
@Sec14Gator, I wish CDRW well. But I’ll also say that of all the things I may still have concerns about with Napier, his identifying talent isn’t one of them. I’m good with letting him go, and feel like he was vintage Mullen in QB type. Personally, I’m ready to scrap that all together.

Agreed. If there is one place we certainly don't need help, it is at QB.

:grin:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
If these were season averages, I would agree with you, but in a small sample size, it shows why watching the game matters. He came in to start the second half, down 14 (not garbage time). He had two drops in his first three downs, including one on third that would have been a first down. Hit the guy in the chest.

He then was down 17 before re-taking field. From that point, he led Syracuse to 17 second half points, even closing within 7 at one point. While within 2 scores, he had a third down 40 or so yard pass hit a reciever over the shoulder and in stride, but dropped for a potential TD. That led to a punt. I did not watch the rest as I was switching to other games.

So, he should have been 14-22 (minimum) for about 230-250 yards while leading his team to 24 second half points after they only put up 7 in the first half. Pretty effective for a guy who likely got less reps in practice and has no real game reps yet.

DailyOrange.com thought he played well and mention that the INT was tipped. Again, I did not see that play.
We’ve seen it before when the QB the defense didn’t prepare for comes off the bench and does a good job. Let’s see how he does a few games from now when the tape is out and he’s starting.
I wish him well, but trying to say we dropped the ball on him leaving after half a game is a bit knee jerkish

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf: does
Maxell CD-RW
have to do with it?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JacobRudner: Florida wideout Trent Whittemore announces he’s entering the transfer portal. His younger brother, Creed Whittemore, recently committed to Mississippi State.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@JacobRudner: Florida wideout Trent Whittemore announces he’s entering the transfer portal. His younger brother, Creed Whittemore, recently committed to Mississippi State.

I heard this will be one of many.

Good news is more openings.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I’m bumbed because I’ve always liked him as a player. I really do wonder what happened behind the scenes for him to fall out of favor

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m bumbed because I’ve always liked him as a player. I really do wonder what happened behind the scenes for him to fall out of favor

We already have a token white wide receiver.

Anyway, he was solid, not great. Honestly, if the season went on for more than another two games, how much longer would Shorter keep his spot over Douglas? ARP over Cox. Etc. No knock on these guys because they played hard. Wish them all the best. But there’s a reason Mullen was sent packing and it wasn’t his gameday Xs and Os, or his pants(though they warranted dismissal).

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If we're talking about signing close to 30 then there needs to be a lot more defections.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I dont think he really fell out of favor. I think the word is he just wanted to enjoy college life and not so much being a great college football player. Its pretty well known that its best to not do your masters where you got your bachelorette.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Didn't most of us say starting like 6 weeks ago that the next time we saw WhiteBoy it would be in the portal?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I liked Whittemore, but I can’t stand these guys who leave while the season is still going on. I realize that his team isn’t going to the playoffs, and would totally get his skipping the bowl game, but the last two regular season games? Seems weak to me.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whittemore was a solid WR. Solid. Dude played his ass out for the past couple years. CBN could have made him great but I’m with @Gator By Marriage Fuchs this mid season transfer BS. So long, Pal.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am with you all on the mid season transfer portal BS and when you think about it, this is probably some of the characteristics or behavior that led to him heading to the portal now. Guess he wanted to go out in the last game on Sr. Day. But anyway, this is could be part of it. Going out now when he could finish it out leads me to think he had not totally bought in. Did the Pearsall txfer have an impact, sure. #1 is a helluva player. But with all the depth issues at WR this year for UF and he could not break in with more playing time, even with Pearsall there??? Makes me scratch my head.

We all know Mullentham was going to play his guys whether they sucked or not. I'll give it to him he played hard and loved UF, that's great. But in the end and most of the time people tend to remember how you finished rather than how you started. Like a PK kicking the game winning FG and he shanks it. No one gives a shyt that you went 5/5 before that kick, you lost it. I appreciate all that he gave for UF, but he's a Mullentham left over, best wishes and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb