Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I liked Jordan Young a lot. Made a ton of plays in the Spring Game and flashed when he got PT (including blocking the FG vs OSU).

Oh well, trust the process I guess
What choice do we have?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What choice do we have?

Confused Power Rangers GIF

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
16 DB Johnson in the portal now

Also rumors that the Wake QB is in fact going in the portal after the bowl game

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I've said this for years, I think each player should be allowed 1 free portal move. After that you sit out 1 year.

I also feel that a verbal should be binding or you should sign whenever you commit.

If you flip...that's your 1 free transfer: Unless for hardship, you graduate or your coach leaves.

And NIL should only come AFTER you are on the team.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've said this for years, I think each player should be allowed 1 free portal move. After that you sit out 1 year.

I also feel that a verbal should be binding or you should sign whenever you commit.

If you flip...that's your 1 free transfer: Unless for hardship, you graduate or your coach leaves.

And NIL should only come AFTER you are on the team.
Nobody cares about your whacked opinions

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just gained respect for him not making some flashy post or some cheesy graphic. Best of luck Tre’Vez!
Isn't that the truth? I cursed at my screen countless times when Tre'Vez missed tackles (never seen one player get juked and dive at thin air more in my life), but he just made me a fan for a different reason. Great, no-nonsense announcement with no eye-rolling fluff.

Good travels on your way to the NFL Hall of Fame, Mr. Johnson. I will cheer for you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some thoughts from Donkey:

Trevez leaving is a bit more perplexing, as he had a solid but obviously not great year. Looking back at the ULL 2021 defense, however, I see their #1 Star was Jalen Johnson, 6-2 215lbs. Now while Third and Grantham sees 215-220 pounds as a future DE, in most places that is a true OLB or even heavy safety. Given how absolutely horrendous our defense has been since yr1 of Third and Grantham, I'd say we are at least going to have a heavy star/sam backer on the field and attempt to stop the run at least occasionally. It has to be more of a Linebacker/safety hybrid if you expect to be able to play that Star in the box on run plays.

You assclowns talking **** about #22 wont be happy. His is staying, and is a guaranteed starter. He grades out as one of the best DBs in the SEC, not just on the team, but cluelessness hasn't stopped some of you before.

Having struck out so badly in recruiting on DT and inside linebackers, let's hope we add some help more portal help here also. Probably need a TE too. For those not paying attention the goal at TE now isn't Kyle Pitts or AH, it is more of a Ben Troupe heavy TE with great blocking ability.

I think the only "assclown" Donkey is referring to here is @Saulgoodman. Don't think anyone else was trashing #22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator