Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I started watching gator football in the early 90s when I was in 6th grade . I’ve never seen the program run so poorly and we’ve had two great coaches during that span and several stinkers . Nothing from this staff resembles Meyer or Spurrier from any standpoint. While the story continues to unfold the first two chapters are a cross between Muschamp and Mcelwain . The latter of which is Billy bobs mentor .
That can change your perspective. I've been watching Gator football since 1973.
We have never been in a situation like this before.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Instant gratification? 15 year SEC championship drought doesn’t seem like instant gratification to me.

We’re tired of sucking :lol:

We’re sick and tired of sucking because we really, really suck. BAD. And we have for quite a while.

The three coaches before BN and our crap administration of the program put us in a very, very bad place far beyond what SOS and Meyer walked into.

This season and probably 2023 were always going to stink because of it and yet people were saying 8 or 9 wins or bust. No way. I’m shocked we got to a bowl.

There was nothing left. Only Mullen’s smoke and mirrors and the illusion of quality…..

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I’m assuming that you’re talking about Tarquin. He wasn’t the starter. He got supplanted by Barber. Barber probably played as much if not an equal amount of time at various positions on the OL.
Yet, the LT declared for the draft so logic says Tarquin and Barber would have gone into offseason as the top two tackles. We don't know why he transferred but we know our O-line lost 4 solid contributors. Need some portal action.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We’re sick and tired of sucking because we really, really suck. BAD. And we have for quite a while.

The three coaches before BN and our crap administration of the program put us in a very, very bad place far beyond what SOS and Meyer walked into.

This season and probably 2023 were always going to stink because of it and yet people were saying 8 or 9 wins or bust. No way. I’m shocked we got to a bowl.

There was nothing left. Only Mullen’s smoke and mirrors and the illusion of quality…..

While I agree Mullen left us in rough-ish shape, we need to realize we still had top 25 talent and a 1st round QB (side note - if we think he couldn’t develop AR but he’s going to develop Mertz for next year…..start Rashada).

I really like Napier as a person and think he can still be very successful here, but being honest with where we’re currently at, we should all agree it’s not good enough right now. We shouldn’t treat UF coaches making $6-7M with kiddie gloves, UF is a place you should be able to win at immediately with all the talent you’re surrounded with and especially now with the transfer portal. This shouldn’t be a learn-on-the-job program, and our admin needs to stop acting like it is in both football and basketball.

Idk if the plan is to not emphasize winning for first couple years while the foundation and culture is being built, but what I can tell you is going 0-2 vs UGA, UT, LSU and FSU will not sit well with Gator Nation. Here’s to hoping Billy gets us turned around sooner rather than later :fistbump:

Oh, and I do realize the admin is a large part of the issue too. If we rid ourselves of Foley and Strick, I’ll allow Nape more time to get this turned around :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yet, the LT declared for the draft so logic says Tarquin and Barber would have gone into offseason as the top two tackles. We don't know why he transferred but we know our O-line lost 4 solid contributors. Need some portal action.
It's starts and ends with the big uglies. BN knows it.

Gotta give the WRs, RBs and QBs a chance.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
While I agree Mullen left us in rough-ish shape, we need to realize we still had top 25 talent and a 1st round QB (side note - if we think he couldn’t develop AR but he’s going to develop Mertz for next year…..start Rashada).

I really like Napier as a person and think he can still be very successful here, but being honest with where we’re currently at, we should all agree it’s not good enough right now. We shouldn’t treat UF coaches making $6-7M with kiddie gloves, UF is a place you should be able to win at immediately with all the talent you’re surrounded with and especially now with the transfer portal. This shouldn’t be a learn-on-the-job program, and our admin needs to stop acting like it is in both football and basketball.

Idk if the plan is to not emphasize winning for first couple years while the foundation and culture is being built, but what I can tell you is going 0-2 vs UGA, UT, LSU and FSU will not sit well with Gator Nation. Here’s to hoping Billy gets us turned around sooner rather than later :fistbump:

Oh, and I do realize the admin is a large part of the issue too. If we rid ourselves of Foley and Strick, I’ll allow Nape more time to get this turned around :lol:

Based on where our problems put us, “sooner” still looks like another year of cleaning up the huge mess. I’ll expect tangible, substantial progress come 2024, and if it doesn’t start to materialize then I’m going to start looking for the pitchfork….

And AR was trash. Great athlete. Crap collegiate QB. Let the pros see what they can do. Glad he’s gone even though we’re dealing with filler material in White Lightning (Mertz) for 2023.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, this is kind of weird, but I'm actually getting psyched about our defense next year. Now if we could just get a couple of LB’s out of the portal and an alien abduction of Toney I'd be fully onboard.

The biggest jump is almost always year one to year 2. In addition, by us having two classes under our belt, two years of portal work and a remaining group of guys that have obviously bought in, we’ll be seeing a lot of Napier’s guys out there. So we’ll know what we have by this point next season. I think we’ll be happy overall with the improvement.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
The biggest jump is almost always year one to year 2. In addition, by us having two classes under our belt, two years of portal work and a remaining group of guys that have obviously bought in, we’ll be seeing a lot of Napier’s guys out there. So we’ll know what we have by this point next season. I think we’ll be happy overall with the improvement.
At this point we can no longer blame Mullen. Next years team belongs to BN so whatever the result it's on him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At this point we can no longer blame Mullen. Next years team belongs to BN so whatever the result it's on him.
I wouldn't say that entirely, but the pendulum definitely swings more towards Napier next year than it did this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator