Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Me, too. It might even benefit us with him not having Rashada. Definitely not make any of the same kind of mistakes and no competition from him. Also, the uglies we are getting will be more experienced by then. And, personally, if I had to put money on Texas or Cali, it would be Texas.
Rashada was our primary target at the most important position. Our staff spent lord knows how much time recruiting him when they could have been doing something else . Not getting him on campus isn’t a good thing for our highest rated signee and frankly crown jewel of the class . Given our QB room , the argument we are better off without him takes some major spin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Rashada was our primary target at the most important position. Our staff spent lord knows how much time recruiting him when they could have been doing something else . Not getting him on campus isn’t a good thing for our highest rated signee and frankly crown jewel of the class . Given our QB room , the argument we are better off without him takes some major spin.
Perhaps it's time for you to stop beating around the bush and come out with it: You wish Billy Napier was dead.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps it's time for you to stop beating around the bush and come out with it: You wish Billy Napier was dead.
I hope I’m wrong . I’d love for you to rub my nose in it when Grahamy throws for 4000 yards and 30 plus touchdowns this season

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope I’m wrong . I’d love for you to rub my nose in it when Grahamy throws for 4000 yards and 30 plus touchdowns this season
That's not a denial.

As for your post, we don't need to throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD's to win a bunch of games.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Are we more talented today than when we started losing players. Inquiring minds want to know.
Other than Tarquin and possibly White, who has not committed anywhere yet and theoretically could withdraw, who do you regret losing? There were some guys I hated to see go because I liked them, like Diwun Black, but other than the two guys I mentioned, whose leaving actually hurt us? The few guys from the last regime who have real talent or are important for depth, like Marshall, Henderson, Barber, Watson, etc. are staying put.

My only complaint was I wonder if CBN should have done the roster purge a year ago, but I suspect he had a reason.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How many did we pick up? What is our scholarship limit status. Are we more talented today than when we started losing players. Inquiring minds want to know.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you read it in a way I didn't write it. The whole thing referred to DJ and from the perspective of keeping him. The JR saga was ugly and it would have been nice to have a fourth QB. Barring injuries, he was never going to walk out there on a Thursday night against the PAC 12 Champs anyway, and who knows how much he would have contributed. But I did read a couple things about Lagway...that he may try to get here by fall of '23 and that he committed on the day the NIL deal for JR was withdrawn. Hmm...

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
So Rashada was going to do that this season? Maybe we should pay him.
True freshman with a new OL throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs?

I'm not going to walk all the way over to google to find out... but I doubt that's ever happened at UF. :lol:

Honestly, I wouldn't pay Tebow, Leak or Danny over a few hundred thousand. They're college kids... not pros. :shakehead:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Tarquin and possibly White, who has not committed anywhere yet and theoretically could withdraw, who do you regret losing? There were some guys I hated to see go because I liked them, like Diwun Black, but other than the two guys I mentioned, whose leaving actually hurt us? The few guys from the last regime who have real talent or are important for depth, like Marshall, Henderson, Barber, Watson, etc. are staying put.

My only complaint was I wonder if CBN should have done the roster purge a year ago, but I suspect he had a reason.
I would have liked to keep Whittemore (slide him outside to take over Shorter's WR slot) and Young. Maybe the other O-Lineman.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
True freshman with a new OL throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs?

I'm not going to walk all the way over to google to find out... but I doubt that's ever happened at UF. :lol:

Honestly, I wouldn't pay Tebow, Leak or Danny over a few hundred thousand. They're college kids... not pros. :shakehead:
I was totally being facetious :proud:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Sarcasm. No one expects Grammy to be worth a squat
He’s a bridge to Lagway, he’s not going to light it up, but he’ll be able to operate the offense. I’m hopeful he will be better than expected. Not going to hold my breath, but hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator