Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
OSU transfer QB - I heard he's better than Joe Burrow :)

In all seriousness, how good is he? He is transferring because he lost the competition. Is this a situation where there are two really good QBs so one has to lose?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In all seriousness, how good is he? He is transferring because he lost the competition. Is this a situation where there are two really good QBs so one has to lose?

He lost out to a Heisman finalist. So did Joe Burrow. They both transferred. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. But he gives us another blue-chip QB option. The other kid they're offering is a 2-star ranked around 2000th overall recruit in the country. I think we could have done a hell of a lot worse.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a recruit, he was rated higher than Burrow. That doesn't mean he will be better but ...

I am just happier than hell that this coach went out and got a down the field QB. So long Tebow left, Tebow right and Tebow up the middle.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Justin Fields sat behind Jake Fromm. AR couldn’t beat out Emory. I think you’d agree that Fields and AR are far superior talents compared to their starters. Riding the bench doesn’t necessarily equate to less talent…

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
It's official:

I know this article is behind a paywall, but it basically says that Jack Miller's dad has been friends with the Tebow family for years and Dad is a lifelong Gators fan. Jack Miller was mentored by Tebow from a young age. Miller was recruited to Ohio State by Urban Meyer. So, there's definitely a UF connection with this kid and I'm excited for a 4-star QB, who was a 2019 Elite 11 Finalist, and a Gators fan, to be coming to UF next season to compete with AR-15.

A Florida fan for a father, a relationship with Tim Tebow and the coincidences that helped Jack Miller become Ohio State’s future

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Justin Fields sat behind Jake Fromm. AR couldn’t beat out Emory. I think you’d agree that Fields and AR are far superior talents compared to their starters. Riding the bench doesn’t necessarily equate to less talent…
I was about to facepalm your post at the beginning, then I finished reading it :lol:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
OSU transfer QB - I heard he's better than Joe Burrow :)

It would only make sense...instant playing time...outstanding back-up...huge exposure

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@GatorDave_SEC: Jack Miller III - Ohio State Spring Football 2021

Thanks for posting, gives a good idea of what to expect. There were stretches where I really like what I saw (not that this means much, I'm not much of an evaluator). But then there were stretches that were ugly. Very inconsistent. Hopefully that can be mostly contributed to being young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator