Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Ain't gonna complain with another O-lineman. Nape did say he was going to add another QB after the spring, many have speculated it was the '25 kid reclassifying to this year. If that's the case, would the kid come in the summer or wait till the fall?
If it is the reclassification kid he will not see the field regardless of when he is on campus.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, we fvked up in the portal again. We lost out on DB, Antonio Carter. We are taking way too long to bring in portal kids. They are not like high school recruits. They make decisions quickly. We took so long to bring him in for an OV that he committed to Notre Dame before he even got to us for his scheduled OV.

We’ve seen this happen with like three or four portal recruits the cycle. Napier needs to get that in check.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, we fvked up in the portal again. We lost out on DB, Antonio Carter. We are taking way too long to bring in portal kids. They are not like high school recruits. They make decisions quickly. We took so long to bring him in for an OV that he committed to Notre Dame before he even got to us for his scheduled OV.

We’ve seen this happen with like three or four portal recruits the cycle. Napier needs to get that in check.
You negative POS , you need a hooker and a prostitute and woman of ill repute to have sexual intercourse with...........
Got him for ya OX.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is Florida. We take who we want, and we slow roll players bc we are the best. Those lesser tier schools like bama and Georgia might move quickly, but not us. We have a standard to uphold!

:snob:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is Florida. We take who we want, and we slow roll players bc we are the best. Those lesser tier schools like bama and Georgia might move quickly, but not us. We have a standard to uphold!

Heard he was in the middle of putting together his film for our staff, got fed up and decided to pull the trigger for ND

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He literally just transferred to a new HS. Who does that if they aren't intent on attending and playing there? Yet the rumors keep coming...
His dad is the coach at the new school. He followed him there for spring ball. He goes to college classes not HS. The transfer is irrelevant.

Mertz was likely our third option. Pratt fell thru for whatever reason, McCall had credit issues, so then that left Mertz. He’s a game manager for us. If the defense is top 50 and the OL shows up, we’ll have a pretty decent season. Pratt or McCall could’ve made a huge jump, so we’ll have to settle for small progress.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
His dad is the coach at the new school. He followed him there for spring ball. He goes to college classes not HS. The transfer is irrelevant.

Mertz was likely our third option. Pratt fell thru for whatever reason, McCall had credit issues, so then that left Mertz. He’s a game manager for us. If the defense is top 50 and the OL shows up, we’ll have a pretty decent season. Pratt or McCall could’ve made a huge jump, so we’ll have to settle for small progress.
Why in the world didn't we go after sanders?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the world didn't we go after sanders?
no clue, but I have a feeling that we were all in on Pratt and when that fell apart, then Sanders wasn't an option. But entirely possible that he didn't pan out in the eval process.

I'm really not upset with the prospect of Mertz. He's played a bunch and I don't think we'll ask much of him. His supporting cast at Wisconsin was atrocious. If he can play more like a poor man's Trask and hit the short and intermediaries on time, I think we can be very successful.

Utah - Cam Rising probably won't be trusting his knee this early if he plays at all. Toss up
McNeese - Easy win
Tennessee - At home, Milton at QB. I think we actually win
Charlotte - Win
Kentucky - Should be a win
Vandy - less mistakes and should be a win
USCe - calling this a toss up, but I think we win
Georgia - Not ready yet, taking an L
Arky - Solid opponent at home. Think the crowd brings us home, but they have a seasoned QB
LSU - Further ahead of the curve than we are...L
Mizzou - Should be a W, but this one's always tricky
FSU - Think we keep Travis in check. W at home, mainly due to the crowd.

This all assumes that the Baylor guard heals up and stays. I have 9 wins above, but think we lose 2 to either poor play or key injuries. So I'm going with 7-5.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mertz isn't a poor man's trask. He's a poor man's Applebee's. QB play is going to suck like t's mom.
In 2017, with Applebees and LDR both averaging less than 7 YPA and combining for 18 TD and 15 INT while rushing for -88 yards, we won 9 games and wound up ranked 14th.

That would be a modest step forward at this point. If our defense isn’t historically bad again, it’s quite possible.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

rooney-ferris-bueler.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member