Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
No one has said this is a "great" class.

24/7 has us at 17 - including transfers (see what I did there sofla?) which is pretty close to what I expected until BN knocked it out of the park on ESD. I honestly thought we'd land at least one more blue chip and couldn't help but be a bit deflated when we didn't. I believe the pang of mild frustration that many of us felt on NSD had as much to do with elevated expectations based on that surprisingly strong ESD haul, as it did with the way things shook out on 2/2. But If Perkin's schyttbird daddy had stayed in the frickin' woodwork, we might well be singing a very different tune. And fortunately, after all is said and done, the fat lady won't actually start warbling until we see what happens in the portal after Spring practice.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Rule 1 - *****ing about downvotes just gets you more downvotes.
Sonny, I knew and observed rule#1 when you were still in diapers (you could, of course, --judging from your posts -- still be in diapers). For you, and others with reading comprehension problems, I did not, and am not, complaining about the ratings. How did you expect me to refute the inaccurate assertion?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Sonny, I knew and observed rule#1 when you were still in diapers (you could, of course, --judging from your posts -- still be in diapers). For you, and others with reading comprehension problems, I did not, and am not, complaining about the ratings. How did you expect me to refute the inaccurate assertion?

I expected you to go change your Depends and biitch to your old lady that the geritol has expired. FFS gramps its past your bedtime now git. You're giving crete a run for his money on being an annoying twit.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm just gonna......
giphy.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I did not know that Cajun OL transfer O'Cyrus Torrence was given an offer from Clemson out of the transfer portal. That's a good sign.

Also speaks well of CBN that of all the places Torrence could go, he wanted to be reunited with his old coach. Imagine if Cousin Eddie gets a new HC gig. I wonder -- wait, hold that thought...

:rotfl::lmao::lmao2::lol: :bwahaha:

Okay, IF Mullinz miraculously got hired someplace, I wonder how many Florida players would transfer there?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I did not know that Cajun OL transfer O'Cyrus Torrence was given an offer from Clemson out of the transfer portal. That's a good sign.

Also speaks well of CBN that of all the places Torrence could go, he wanted to be reunited with his old coach. Imagine if Cousin Eddie gets a new HC gig. I wonder -- wait, hold that thought...

:rotfl::lmao::lmao2::lol: :bwahaha:

Okay, IF Mullinz miraculously got hired someplace, I wonder how many Florida players would transfer there?
Jones probably

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I expected you to go change your Depends and biitch to your old lady that the geritol has expired. FFS gramps its past your bedtime now git. You're giving crete a run for his money on being an annoying twit.
R.d86fd582c0421905dd45c707f057373a

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

It's not the best class by far...That said, Napier did salvage 2022...And our future looks bright...That was not going to happen with the last 3 HC.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm late to the party, but Page 69 seemed to be a fitting time to weigh in, so here goes:

Signing Day was a letdown in the sense there weren't any big splashes in our favor; but the mere fact it was a letdown is also a sign of encouragement: Napier truly did a complete 180 with where we were when he accepted the job (and the recruiting responsibilities)--closing several high-profile guys for early Signing Day to get this class in Top 25 territory after being in the 70s for most of this fall (FUCH YOU DAN MULLEN).

I'm not going to hold a transition class against him when he had such a low starting point to begin with and managed to get it to some level of respectability.

And more importantly: the hires he's made are preparing for a future when we're leaving nothing to chance with recruiting. Don't tell me that having multiple position coaches is a liability on the recruiting trail: the results say otherwise. Bama started that trend, but all the big-name college football programs have copied it.

Napier's earned himself a lot of leeway with how he's handled the first few months on the job. I don't know whether he'll win on Saturdays; but I do know he won't make the same mistakes in recruiting that our last 3 coaches routinely made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb