Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You assclowns talking **** about #22 wont be happy. His is staying, and is a guaranteed starter. He grades out as one of the best DBs in the SEC, not just on the team, but cluelessness hasn't stopped some of you before.
Truth. Torrence has been solid all year. Dude is great all around but is also one of the hardest hitting sure tacklers we got in the back.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m all in with Napier but at this point I wish we could get some communication on what’s happening….either directly from the coach or from some true insider. There has to be some talk going on. How much is this about lack of talent? How much is this about pushing out bad or lazy attitudes? How much of this could be some players just don’t like the coach? Or some of these guys are not happy about their playing time?

I think the answers are easy on some of these guys but not so much with guys like Borders.

I’d really like to hear what the smoke is out there….
Maybe something from an “insider” will come out. Don’t think we’ll hear anything official other than “We wish ——- nothing but the best and thank him for his time with the program.” Maybe Edgar will get toasted and start spouting off about something he knows (or doesn’t). Coaches aren’t going to reveal any details much on departures. Could create a trust issue with the players and the staff.
Good point. But I would love to see an insider or a real journalist comment on this. I see on Twitter today many (including former players) asking for some explanation. Some of these guys now seem to be good culture guys with talent.

I did see a podcast that had some of our younger players commenting that some of the older Mullen guys did not buy in and did not accept discipline or accountability.

I will feel much better if we can see some significant pickups from the portal and I would love to hear Napier give us some confidence that he’s got this. We need a state of the program speech.

He’s playing the long game but as we know here the leash can be short.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
A couple things. Here’s what I’m seeing on a couple different sites:

1. They are both testing their NIL value. They are not off the team. They are both open to coming back.

2. Tarquin and White are very close friends.

3. White began the season as the starter but as the season progressed lost a ton of playing time to Leonard, and eventually became the back up to Leonard.
Your point #1 is my best guess, as well.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Your point #1 is my best guess, as well.
Eventually, unless rules are changed , I see EVERY college player entering the portal and staying there their entire career.

Why not? You can't win the game if you don't buy a ticket.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I will put it this way. Anyone (Momma White) that gives Mullen and Hevsey credit just dropped several notches. Don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out.

If they do not want accountability and discipline, GTFO!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Hmmm this is interesting

Momma is pretty hot in her fishing pics. Loves to flats fish for Reds.

I'm hoping he's just testing the waters and/or pushing for more NIL. We need back ups on the OL.

Unless BN grabs better in the Portal.

Then it's

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our line is gone except the center that led the country in false starts . It would be a firing offense for any OL coach . We have two of these OL coaches that kids just want to run away from . Leghumper Sale and Sunbelt Stapleton might as well be stealing from us .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Keep 'em coming! Toss 'em all!

Loving the purge. If we had an entire team of only freshman and sophomores next year I'd be thrilled.

Why didn’t we do this Year 1 like Kelly did at LSU? Why delay the inevitable and just take our lumps year 1 instead of year 2?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Mertz is the best we could do at QB with all of the other options out there doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies about who we’ll be plugging in to replace the rest of the guys we lost, especially with how they’re slow playing this.

I can’t imagine Billy and co. don’t have a plan and already have guys in the fold, right? Would be very reckless

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. But I would love to see an insider or a real journalist comment on this. I see on Twitter today many (including former players) asking for some explanation. Some of these guys now seem to be good culture guys with talent.

I did see a podcast that had some of our younger players commenting that some of the older Mullen guys did not buy in and did not accept discipline or accountability.

I will feel much better if we can see some significant pickups from the portal and I would love to hear Napier give us some confidence that he’s got this. We need a state of the program speech.

He’s playing the long game but as we know here the leash can be short.

It’s been 15 years since we won the SEC. I can’t take another 3 bad years so he can play the “long game” :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn’t we do this Year 1 like Kelly did at LSU? Why delay the inevitable and just take our lumps year 1 instead of year 2?
BN isn't as seasoned as Kelly? I think the fan base would have freaked too. Especially if we had a crappy season on top of it.

Imo, if these transfers and potential transfers are at BNs urging, then he took the lower risk approach.

The fans saw the garbage, again, this year. Very few will have heartburn with them leaving.

Granted, losing back up big uglies (who once started) would be troublesome ... be he hasn't left yet.

Or ... BN Is Slingblade.

Time will tell.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Just wondering if these guys are indeed leaving because they’ve never accepted the new sheriff, the accountability , hard work and discipline, required to improve.

What do they think is coming at any new destination?

Does one think leaving Florida with a bad attitude, is a plus in the Portal?

Sick of these guys jumping into the portal
Because of losing their starting role or because they never bought in in the first place.

That post from White’s Mom, speaks volumes.
Just what did Hevesy do to improve NFL stock, of anyone on our line?

To thank Dandy Dan for laboring under that staff for 4 years and not accomplishing a damned thing is repulsive.

As I said, very telling.

You don’t want to buy in?
GTFO

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep 'em coming! Toss 'em all!

Loving the purge. If we had an entire team of only freshman and sophomores next year I'd be thrilled.
Well, we definitely aren’t winning d1ck next year anyways so may as well get the extra snaps for the young guys.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
On the last Gator Nation podcast they talked about this, and it was their opinion that Billy isn’t looking to be competitive till year 3 with his players in place. They too didn’t know why he didn’t start with this approach, but they think he’s operating like a guy that was giving assurances that he could have a couple down years to get things turning in the right direction. They also noted this wouldn’t be on the fan base’s timeline though. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.