Status
Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I started watching gator football in the early 90s when I was in 6th grade . I’ve never seen the program run so poorly and we’ve had two great coaches during that span and several stinkers . Nothing from this staff resembles Meyer or Spurrier from any standpoint. While the story continues to unfold the first two chapters are a cross between Muschamp and Mcelwain . The latter of which is Billy bobs mentor .
Google Doug Dickey

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This place is getting wild. But always remember......never go full..

tropic thunder and almost breaks character completely GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
On average, which transfer is more likely to help our team:

The 2*-3* guy who grew and proved himself at a lower level program or;

The 4*-5* guy who didn’t fit/excel at another P5 program?

(I’m leaving off those who played well at another P5 like Van Jefferson, Kimber and Pearsall.)

I think the first group but I’m curious as to what you think.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On average, which transfer is more likely to help our team:

The 2*-3* guy who grew and proved himself at a lower level program or;

The 4*-5* guy who didn’t fit/excel at another P5 program?

(I’m leaving off those who played well at another P5 like Van Jefferson, Kimber and Pearsall.)

I think the first group but I’m curious as to what you think.
@Theologator I think it is some of both. You've gotta really look at why they are transferring. And with NIL who da hell knows how big the impact or deconstruction it will cause. But I will lean slightly that a 2-3* that developed and is heavily sought would be an impact.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
@Theologator I think it is some of both. You've gotta really look at why they are transferring. And with NIL who da hell knows how big the impact or deconstruction it will cause. But I will lean slightly that a 2-3* that developed and is heavily sought would be an impact.
Agreed. I was thinking about 5* Cox & Shorter, who were ok but really should have been beaten out by someone. Then there were Bowman & Lingard who did nothing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think that’s what happened. I think he couldn’t get into any good school. His grades sucked or his credits didn’t transfer
I seriously doubt that. You can’t tell me a school like Auburn or the like wouldn’t take him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Sharif Denson said that McClain was more than likely not going to Miami. And that he really didn’t have any idea where he would be going.

Word on TOS is that we would not talk with him because of what happened regarding his commitment. I don’t know if we’ve started to talk with him again or not. But it seemed Raymond was pretty miffed.

Supposedly he was supposed to visit Bama but they didn’t like the way he was handling communication, so Bama said that they were not interested and passed on him visiting. I, of course, don’t know if that is true.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt that. You can’t tell me a school like Auburn or the like wouldn’t take him.
He was originally interested in Auburn. Before us. They couldn’t take him. His credits could not transfer. There was then discussion with us, and then it died out. Mertz committed about a week after.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Sharif Denson said that McClain was more than likely not going to Miami. And that he really didn’t have any idea where he would be going.

Word on TOS is that we would not talk with him because of what happened regarding his commitment. I don’t know if we’ve started to talk with him again or not. But it seemed Raymond was pretty miffed.

Supposedly he was supposed to visit Bama but they didn’t like the way he was handling communication, so Bama said that they were not interested and passed on him visiting. I, of course, don’t know if that is true.
I say we ignore him. Kid’s a diva and he’s never stepped foot on a college field yet. No thanks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Never seen a 5-star player burn so many bridges so quickly.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

UF doesn't need anymore drama and this Dude is that. Let him go play with the Buffaloes and play for Coach Slyme, the Afflac Azzhat.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

So here is the Lakeland insider gossip. When he transferred to Lakeland before his Sr year he had some classes that do not transfer as credit at LHS. The rumor is he doesn't want to sign because that locks him to UM and he currently doesn't qualify as a student. Some think he is looking for another landing spot but if grades are a problem then UF is no longer interested. I'm sure Napier has heard of him being sat for two games due to not attending practice also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.