Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Something to keep an eye on is Jaxon Dart. Ole miss is bringing in Howard and Spencer Sanders is being CB'd there aswell. Can't imagine he'd stick around if they brought in 2 qb's

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have the heart to tell you what's going to happen in the next game.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know you well (these last few weeks is the most active I’ve been on here ever), but I’m old enough to remember when you weren’t a pumper.
You're old enough to remember when we had the Chimp, Butters, and Mullen as head coaches. It was hopeless since the day they stepped off the plane.

Hell, you're old enough to remember Knute Rockne leading Notre Dame onto the field. You also used to rile Connie Mack with taunts out at old Shibe Park.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MUCH improved defense, good OL, good running game. We'll win some games. 2024 is going to be spectacular.

Stench of Mullen's players has officially been fumigated.

All Mertz has to do is keep defenses honest and not turn the ball over - no one is asking him to throw for 400 yards a game.
This is what I’m hoping for. Trying to be optimistic.
Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
This is what I’m hoping for. Trying to be optimistic.
Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor
Outside of Mertz the defense will be one to watch. Can't get much worse then they were so they have to be better, question is how much better. Is Toney going to show he's worth it this year or do we just move up to top 70.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Outside of Mertz the defense will be one to watch. Can't get much worse then they were so they have to be better, question is how much better. Is Toney going to show he's worth it this year or do we just move up to top 70.
Who knows? We’re gonna be so young with so many new players I suspect it’ll be a work in progress. Our schedule is pretty tough, as well.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Florida transfer quarterback Graham Mertz makes major NIL decision

Okay, didn't want to link On3, considering their recent junk, but thought the NIL info was interesting in case some didn't know.

"The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry’s leading index that sets the standard market NIL value for high school and college athletes. A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation calculates an athlete’s NIL value using dynamic data points targeting three primary categories: performance, influence and exposure.

While the algorithm includes deal data, it does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals athletes have completed to date, nor does it set an athlete’s NIL valuation for their entire career.

The On3 NIL Valuation accounts for an athlete’s roster value and brand value. Roster value is the value an athlete has by being a member of his or her team at his or her school, which factors into the role of NIL collectives. Brand value factors in an athlete’s personal brand and the value it could bring to regional and national brands outside of the scope of NIL collectives."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I said that about the 2021 defense coming in this year. :headslap:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Florida transfer quarterback Graham Mertz makes major NIL decision

Okay, didn't want to link On3, considering their recent junk, but thought the NIL info was interesting in case some didn't know.

"The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry’s leading index that sets the standard market NIL value for high school and college athletes. A proprietary algorithm, the On3 NIL Valuation calculates an athlete’s NIL value using dynamic data points targeting three primary categories: performance, influence and exposure.

While the algorithm includes deal data, it does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals athletes have completed to date, nor does it set an athlete’s NIL valuation for their entire career.

The On3 NIL Valuation accounts for an athlete’s roster value and brand value. Roster value is the value an athlete has by being a member of his or her team at his or her school, which factors into the role of NIL collectives. Brand value factors in an athlete’s personal brand and the value it could bring to regional and national brands outside of the scope of NIL collectives."
Thanks for sharing that, but it sounds like a lot of word salad. The influence and exposure aspects seem impossible to quantify & estimate across the population of players. Performance has a lot of data, but NIL is at least as much marketing as it is performance.

If they have all that calculated and thought $13m was ballpark for an untested, unproven 50/50 project like Rashada, then either their algorithm is off or the system is fubar - or both. Or I’m just lost, which is also true.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
MUCH improved defense, good OL, good running game. We'll win some games. 2024 is going to be spectacular.

Stench of Mullen's players has officially been fumigated.

All Mertz has to do is keep defenses honest and not turn the ball over - no one is asking him to throw for 400 yards a game.
I sure hope I'm around to see it OX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.