Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
A lot of good points and spot on with them.

Whoever the QB is next season BN just wants someone who is going to listen and not be a case between the ears. I am not sold at all on Mertz. There is plenty there to make me go Meh. In the same token, there is something that can help you see the up side. This guy is truly an unknown, a project, and who knows how he will do. The post with the Varnadore Breakdown covers him very well. 3 OC's in 3 seasons. What stood out to me was the Coaching staff and how stupid Wisky was with their offense. They flat out sucked and no support players. The ran on 1st and 2nd down 69% time which sets up.....a 3rd and unmanageable. He only threw 9 play action passes all season and was 6 of 9 for completions. And when he threw on 1st down he had a 69% completion rate. I know that is some pumping but also there is plenty to see where this kid makes you think what the heck.

I really think it sets up to show us what Napier is doing. Rebuild it in the best way which he is doing with the LOS, WR's and the defense. The D should be notably better next year and absolutely bad azz in '24. Setting this all up as you say the center piece being Lagway. I am sure if he can get an upgrade at QB he will until we get him on campus. He has stated numerous times he needs 4 in there, and right now we only have 3 (Scholly QB's that is). Why not build your rebuild around ETN and Johnson. Get a QB that will listen and not kill us. And that's the biggest concern...... hoping the QB will not kill us but manage it.
One thing is for sure. He won't have to worry about an OC here. So he has that going for him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, give credit where its due. With the notable exception of rash*thead (which isnt really the staff's fault), napier holds on to his guys. So much so that theres not a lot of fan fare on NSD. Id be very surprised if lagway isnt a gator next year.

That said, I have a bit of trouble squaring the glowing reviews napier gave about rashada and his family as its pretty clear the kid and his family are financial opportunists and nothing more. But its a 1 time thing so far. As long as a trend doesnt develop indicating poor judgment at positions of top importance, its not worth wasting any further thought on. My gut says he and the staff probably learned a few things from this and will be better for it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Me, too. It might even benefit us with him not having Rashada. Definitely not make any of the same kind of mistakes and no competition from him. Also, the uglies we are getting will be more experienced by then. And, personally, if I had to put money on Texas or Cali, it would be Texas.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So miami sued for 6mil and pretty much held the kid hostage? If this is true why in the world would our collective not come out with some kind of statement? Miami should have the egg on their face, not us.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
So miami sued for 6mil and pretty much held the kid hostage? If this is true why in the world would our collective not come out with some kind of statement? Miami should have the egg on their face, not us.

So admitting they are paying for playing. The one thing the NCAA can pop them with and you wouldn’t unload that clip?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Nah, give credit where its due. With the notable exception of rash*thead (which isnt really the staff's fault), napier holds on to his guys. So much so that theres not a lot of fan fare on NSD. Id be very surprised if lagway isnt a gator next year.

That said, I have a bit of trouble squaring the glowing reviews napier gave about rashada and his family as its pretty clear the kid and his family are financial opportunists and nothing more. But its a 1 time thing so far. As long as a trend doesnt develop indicating poor judgment at positions of top importance, its not worth wasting any further thought on. My gut says he and the staff probably learned a few things from this and will be better for it.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Interesting and if the $13MM is true I think it has to be some scenario like this.

According to Nick delatorre or whatever the fuch his name is at on3 this story is bull****. But he did say Florida did have a contract with Rashada for $13,850,000 and it fell apart. He won't say the reason why but we did offer him almost twice what the number 1 QB got who went to Tennessee. :lol:

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022
If I went the rest of my life not hearing the name Rashada I’d be happy.

The whole situation is a loser
The kid is a loser
The Gator collective is a loser
Fck FSU and Miami

Let’s move on

Go Gators!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

That said, I have a bit of trouble squaring the glowing reviews napier gave about rashada and his family as it’s pretty clear the kid and his family are financial opportunists and nothing more. But it’s a 1 time thing so far. As long as a trend doesnt develop indicating poor judgment at positions of top importance, it’s not worth wasting any further thought on. My gut says he and the staff probably learned a few things from this and will be better for it.
Rashada could have been the next Josh Portis.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
2919943713a4ff176934509505fb42b3616ae2f7.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
According to Nick delatorre or whatever the fuch his name is at on3 this story is bull****. But he did say Florida did have a contract with Rashada for $13,850,000 and it fell apart. He won't say the reason why but we did offer him almost twice what the number 1 QB got who went to Tennessee. :lol:
If that number is true, I hope AR is budgeting wisely for his pay cut. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.