Status
Not open for further replies.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Then why didn’t you ‘like’ my post, Mr Scrooge? My mediocre posting needs all the help I can get.
rick-roll.gif

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR looked great in the O&B game last year, but so did every QB facing our “defense.”
This says everything!
Our front 7 was atrociously small and/or slow. It's hard to blame CBN in year one. Even next year the group will be extremely young, like the '07 defense. 2024 is when we'll see the fruits of labor. I'm not ignoring some of the on field coaching inefficiencies and play calling, but the job will get much easier when there's a reliable defense each week.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This says everything!
Our front 7 was atrociously small and/or slow. It's hard to blame CBN in year one. Even next year the group will be extremely young, like the '07 defense. 2024 is when we'll see the fruits of labor. I'm not ignoring some of the on field coaching inefficiencies and play calling, but the job will get much easier when there's a reliable defense each week.
I see a lot of comparisons between the 07 defense and the 23 defense, which I totally get. But I think we need to keep in mind that 07 was year 3 for Meyer and this is year 2 for Napier. We will still have a relatively young team in 24, but hopefully not as young as 07 thanks to the portal. I think we'll be much improved then, but not top 5 or true championship contenders. We may be starting a true fr QB next year.

Realistically, our '25 team (year 4) is the team that can make some noise when this defensive class has some upper-classmen and Lagway has a year under his belt. If the '24 class finishes in the top 5, then the 2026 team could be even better. Patience is tough for us fans, but the foundation Napier is building is making the future look very bright. Unfortunately, that bright future might be a year or 2 further away than we'd prefer.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I see a lot of comparisons between the 07 defense and the 23 defense, which I totally get. But I think we need to keep in mind that 07 was year 3 for Meyer and this is year 2 for Napier. We will still have a relatively young team in 24, but hopefully not as young as 07 thanks to the portal. I think we'll be much improved then, but not top 5 or true championship contenders. We may be starting a true fr QB next year.

Realistically, our '25 team (year 4) is the team that can make some noise when this defensive class has some upper-classmen and Lagway has a year under his belt. If the '24 class finishes in the top 5, then the 2026 team could be even better. Patience is tough for us fans, but the foundation Napier is building is making the future look very bright. Unfortunately, that bright future might be a year or 2 further away than we'd prefer.
You could have saved some bandwidth and simply said it takes 4 or 5 years to build a team.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

What freshman QB might that be? The pwo or a secret commit? I doubt we will be starting a freshman but if Mertz blows I guess the walk on (wait, don’t we have 2 walk-on freshman QB’s?) so, one of the walk ons might get a shot. Of course that would mean the season had gone ****ters full anyway.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What freshman QB might that be? The pwo or a secret commit? I doubt we will be starting a freshman but if Mertz blows I guess the walk on (wait, don’t we have 2 walk-on freshman QB’s?) so, one of the walk ons might get a shot. Of course that would mean the season had gone ****ters full anyway.
Next year is 2024 and that true freshman is Lagway.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Watch at 1.5x speed and skip to the graphs. Makes some good points. We need some leadership and coordination in NIL. The money's available. We have the chance to become elite again.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read an article last night saying the Baylor transfer who was expected to start at one of the OL guard positions has decided to re-enter the transfer portal and leave G’ville. ‍♂️

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I read an article last night saying the Baylor transfer who was expected to start at one of the OL guard positions has decided to re-enter the transfer portal and leave G’ville. ‍♂️

Yep, though he’s now deleted the tweet. The honorable mention Big-12 guard many on the Twitter machine hailed as being obviously better than a 2nd team All-SEC guard (because defenses are tougher in the Big-12 don’t you know). I think he could end up with Sale and Stapleton being as good or maybe better, but disagree on the take that from the start he’s obviously better.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wish him the best. I don’t think he was even third string.

Same. I had to click on his name to bring up the recruiting profile to kind of remember him. In looking at the timeline 247 does, I’d forgotten how Tulane tried to sneak in at the last minute with an offer. Mullen obviously shut that down and kept this battle where it belonged—between us and FAU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.