Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
no clue, but I have a feeling that we were all in on Pratt and when that fell apart, then Sanders wasn't an option. But entirely possible that he didn't pan out in the eval process.

I'm really not upset with the prospect of Mertz. He's played a bunch and I don't think we'll ask much of him. His supporting cast at Wisconsin was atrocious. If he can play more like a poor man's Trask and hit the short and intermediaries on time, I think we can be very successful.

Utah - Cam Rising probably won't be trusting his knee this early if he plays at all. Toss up
McNeese - Easy win
Tennessee - At home, Milton at QB. I think we actually win
Charlotte - Win
Kentucky - Should be a win
Vandy - less mistakes and should be a win
USCe - calling this a toss up, but I think we win
Georgia - Not ready yet, taking an L
Arky - Solid opponent at home. Think the crowd brings us home, but they have a seasoned QB
LSU - Further ahead of the curve than we are...L
Mizzou - Should be a W, but this one's always tricky
FSU - Think we keep Travis in check. W at home, mainly due to the crowd.

This all assumes that the Baylor guard heals up and stays. I have 9 wins above, but think we lose 2 to either poor play or key injuries. So I'm going with 7-5.
We took mertz way before sanders committed to ole miss. Maybe sanders didn't vet, he did have an injury last year. As far as our record goes, you do realize that you just said if mertz can be a poor man's version of our all time singe season passing leader, we might can win 7 games? I'm sure as the season gets closer I'll get more optimistic but I've got a terrible feeling about what we're in store for next year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We took mertz way before sanders committed to ole miss. Maybe sanders didn't vet, he did have an injury last year. As far as our record goes, you do realize that you just said if mertz can be a poor man's version of our all time singe season passing leader, we might can win 7 games? I'm sure as the season gets closer I'll get more optimistic but I've got a terrible feeling about what we're in store for next year.
We’re still rebuilding the defense and we have one known quantity receiving the ball. No doubt he’ll be a better passer than AR and I doubt he’ll quit like AR.

There’s a long row to hoe before we are competitive, but I like the direction. Our running game should keep us in games. Just need Mertz to complete easy passes on 3rd and manageable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure as the season gets closer I'll get more optimistic but I've got a terrible feeling about what we're in store for next year.
You said this same nonsense as the 2008 season was beginning. Now that I think of it, you say it every year without fail.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We’re still rebuilding the defense and we have one known quantity receiving the ball. No doubt he’ll be a better passer than AR and I doubt he’ll quit like AR.

There’s a long row to hoe before we are competitive, but I like the direction. Our running game should keep us in games. Just need Mertz to complete easy passes on 3rd and manageable.

Really looking forward to 80-90% run in one score losses.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You said this same nonsense as the 2008 season was beginning. Now that I think of it, you say it every year without fail.
I didn't join gsmb till 2013. Pretty sure I predicted 10 wins last year aswell. Are you effing with me? I've been a little off lately

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Hey I like the direction too. If the recruiting class can survive the season, I think we'll start to take off year three and four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb