Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay then list the ones that left Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia or whoever else you think is worthy of a comparison. Kids are going to leave for one reason or another from any program. I'm not sure what that list even proves.

We're talking about kids not making it to game 1. GAME ONE of their FIRST SEASON! That's an unusually large number no matter how much you like the way Dan's c*ck tastes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think the point Ken is making is if these players were all that, they wouldn't leave. They can't beat out who is in front of them, so they leave for playing opportunity.

This still kinda sucks as we need depth at every position, but some kids think they are better than they are and will transfer now that this portal makes it so easy.

That's not the point. The point of the list is these players left (or didn't even get in) before GAME 1 of SEASON 1. It's an UNUSUALLY large list. Mullen is signing academic risks and players with questionable character issues and it's cost us. Even if half those kids had stayed we'd be in better shape, depth wise. It's very common - and all schools have it happen - for kids to leave during years 2, 3, 4. But to not even get to Game 1 of Season 1 is very unusual. These "top 10" classes we've signed are not actually "top 10" if they don't even make it on the roster.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
That's not the point. The point of the list is these players left (or didn't even get in) before GAME 1 of SEASON 1. It's an UNUSUALLY large list. Mullen is signing academic risks and players with questionable character issues and it's cost us. Even if half those kids had stayed we'd be in better shape, depth wise. It's very common - and all schools have it happen - for kids to leave during years 2, 3, 4. But to not even get to Game 1 of Season 1 is very unusual. These "top 10" classes we've signed are not actually "top 10" if they don't even make it on the roster.

You don't think that is the point KEN IS MAKING?? Ken's point is not your point, or mine.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think that is the point KEN IS MAKING?? Ken's point is not your point, or mine.

Ken was defending Dan, saying transfers happen to a list of players who didn't make it to game one, didn't make it to fall camp. His defense of something that wasn't part of the initial point of the list. Transfers happen we all agree to that, but when you have a top 10 class in Feb, that is a top 20 class, not top 15 the first week of August is the point BMF is making that Ken was trying to defend with false data.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I swear, some of you morons either don't know HOW to read or understand WHAT you read. I am pretty sure Donkey doesn't know how to do either, but he is just trolling 90% of the time so whatever.

I am not agreeing with his point. I am clarifying WHAT his point is. I understand it, and don't necessarily agree with it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I swear, some of you morons either don't know HOW to read or understand WHAT you read. I am pretty sure Donkey doesn't know how to do either, but he is just trolling 90% of the time so whatever.

I am not agreeing with his point. I am clarifying WHAT his point is. I understand it, and don't necessarily agree with it.

Damn dude defends another dudes incorrect take, then gets upset everyone corrects him on it. But it's the rest of us that don't know how to read..... that's the butters defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

75f5ec20523daf.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn dude defends another dudes incorrect take, then gets upset everyone corrects him on it. But it's the rest of us that don't know how to read..... that's the butters defense.
Bushmaster was a yuge YUGE chimp fan.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's not cool to be optimistic of CDM around here, but wouldn't it be fair to list the kids that Dan has brought in through the portal instead of just focusing on the one's that left? :dunno: I'd lose two Marks for every Jefferson/Grimes/Grenard/Cox we bring in to name a few.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know it's not cool to be optimistic of CDM around here, but wouldn't it be fair to list the kids that Dan has brought in through the portal instead of just focusing on the one's that left? :dunno: I'd lose two Marks for every Jefferson/Grimes/Grenard/Cox we bring in to name a few.
Yes, Butters part 2 is doing excellent.

offense explosion. kicking in the door at Atlanta. stuff like that

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I think this every time I say something to the donkey. You and others always come to his defense even when he’s literally making zero sense. So pot, meet kettle.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Yes, Butters part 2 is doing excellent.

offense explosion. kicking in the door at Atlanta. stuff like that
What the hell does this have to do with what he asked? It’s a simple concept. And has nothing to do with Butters. But since he’s spewing optimism you have to reply with nonsense?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I've said this as well. The portal and general transfer concept is a 2-way street. It has been extremely good for us under Mullen. I don't know that we can live off of it, though I've been saying that for several years. But I think Mullen has made the most of it and we are continuing to benefit from it.

To be clear, there are definite recruiting issues and a talent disparity that has been on display in games like uga the past two seasons. So the portal isn't solving all our problems. But as you say, looking at it strictly from the out-bound side is equally as faulty as Ken apparently just wanting to us to be at 51% retention.:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell does this have to do with what he asked? It’s a simple concept. And has nothing to do with Butters. But since he’s spewing optimism you have to reply with nonsense?
He is saying the exact same shyt now that he did after Butters "excellent two year run" at UF.

We are use to him spewing nonsensical "optimisim" about our latest three star whisperer.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think this every time I say something to the donkey. You and others always come to his defense even when he’s literally making zero sense. So pot, meet kettle.

Again another dude with generic take, the argument was brought in by BMF. Not Donkey, he wasn't even part of the conversation. So another dude who had a take that had nothing to do with the actual take. BMF was talking a very specific situation, dude broken in trying to use all transfer when talking about only the transfer that are addressed by a specific situation. Than you get all that sand in your vagina, because you have been proven factually inaccurate multiple times you want to jump into a conversation you came in opened mouth inserted foot again. What is factually inaccurate about what BMF provided?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We have had success through the portal. I think we all agree agree he has very good success when brining in talent through the portal. Which has nothing to do with the issue BMF brought up. Sofla said it the portal is a two way street. What BMF brought up is the guys we have lost who we recruited and then didn't even make their first fall camp. That shouldn't be happening in the numbers they are happening. The transfer portal is like NFL Free Agency you fill holes the last pieces to put make you a better team. You build your team through recruiting (in the NFL the draft). The issue BMF and many of us agree that is where ball is being dropped. Each year we start off strong in spring, summer.. then December roles around we are in the top 10 (good), then August roles around and the class goes from top 10 to top 20 due to kids leaving before they step on the practice field in the fall. That is an issue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One year success from portal people wo t build a team, not with a 25 per class counter rule (and transfers of any sort are counters).

And Grimes hasnt done a thing except look cute on the sideline mostly and produce less than Nafis Karim yardage numbers.

Cox has done nothing yet.

Regardless Cousin Eddie owns 75 of the 85 slots on this roster. It is all his at this point.

Don't bother breaking out the excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb