Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We have a lot of talent at safety and every damn one of them look like shyt. The problem isn't the talent, it's the position coach.

I won’t argue with your closing statement, but not long ago you were complaining that 3* Safeties won’t get it done. Now we have talent? Stewart is the only 4* S we got.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t argue with your closing statement, but not long ago you were complaining that 3* Safeties won’t get it done. Now we have talent? Stewart is the only 4* S we got.
I think Stewart, Edwards, Huggins, Burney?

Nevertheless we have 4 star backup CBs and WRs available. If the man (English) can't recruit then he needs to beg for help. If he can't coach them up or otherwise find help, he needs to go. Cleveland loves hitting on special teams. He'd make a great safety. I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nevertheless we have 4 star backup CBs and WRs available. If the man (English) can't recruit then he needs to beg for help. If he can't coach them up or otherwise find help, he needs to go. Cleveland loves hitting on special teams. He'd make a great safety. I'm sure there are others.
takes time to build a pipeline from Cali

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Would love to see Burney at SS, but it looks like he’ll replace VJ at LB. Huggins might back up Dean at Nickel. Has Edwards grown enough to move over from CB?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Would love to see Burney at SS, but it looks like he’ll replace VJ at LB. Huggins might back up Dean at Nickel. Has Edwards grown enough to move over from CB?

Unfortunately, Edwards just isn't that good - he's behind McWilliams on the depth chart.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
According to the latest Gators Breakdown podcast, Huggins or Dean are the guys that will move to safety. The condition is someone stepping up to be a reliable backup to Huggins or Dean at star. They said Huggins has been so good, you have to find a way for him to be one of the 11 starters.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Both of Washington's 2018 QB signees' names are in the portal. Colson Yankoff and Jacob Sirmon have put their name in the portal. Colson Yankoff was the #6th DT QB in the 2018 class. Do we have any interest?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Both of Washington's 2018 QB signees' names are in the portal. Colson Yankoff and Jacob Sirmon have put their name in the portal. Colson Yankoff was the #6th DT QB in the 2018 class. Do we have any interest?

They signed those 2 plus brought in Eason (and Eason won the job), not surprising. And no, I doubt we go after a kid in the opposite end of the country. I think Mullen is happy w/ the QB room right now. If we see a potential transfer from one of the Jones kids we could likely take a transfer - and both of these kids aren't your typical pouting 1st or 2nd year player. Eason will likely start for 2 years and they'd be juniors before they see the field.

We need to keep an eye on the OL and heavy DL kids. I'd love to see us get a regular DL transfer this year, so he's eligible in 2020.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

We better pursue him on name alone.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I just looked at Yankoff's senior highlights. He's very accurate, a very willing if not particularly speedy runner, can throw on the run. I don't think he was asked to scan the field but I have seen him do it once or twice in his highlights. He mostly was asked to throw short to intermediate passes. 6411 career passing yds, 67% completion rate, 55 TDS passing with 18 ints. 2121 career rushing yds, 8.4 yds/rush, 43 TDS rushing. I'd take him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@mzenitz: Florida freshman QB Jalon Jones has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per source. Was a four-star recruit and an early enrollee. Ran for 63 yards and a touchdown during Florida's spring game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@mzenitz: Florida freshman QB Jalon Jones has entered the NCAA transfer portal, per source. Was a four-star recruit and an early enrollee. Ran for 63 yards and a touchdown during Florida's spring game.

BS

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll sticky just in case it’s true

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics