Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is Reese an OT, or is he more suited to Guard?
He can play inside or outside.

Honestly, he's an improvement at any of our five positions.

If I were betting, I'd say he'd be at right tackle because that's where Mullen and Hev wanted him last time, with Garage back at guard. Who knows though. Frankly, which position he is at is least of my concerns. Hell, maybe the look at him at center. Having a future brain surgeon at center or anywhere on the OL is always a good thing.

Too bad Cowbell pulled that little stunt and canceled one of his classes forcing him to stay last year.

Last edited:

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Glad we upgraded 1/5 of our starting O-Line. But, for a program that touts itself as specializing in player development, we sure do rely a lot on 1-2 year rentals who are already developed when they arrive.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reese is listed as 6'5"/ 350 lbs.........

He looks a little slow but he set's up quickly in passpo. and he seems to have good upper body strength. I think he has a tendency to reach on blocks and may generate a few extra holding calls. But, I think he immediately improves our OL, something that the Freshman from Miami couldn't do. As for the future, I want to win now! ......... We'll cross the future bridge down the road....... I still say "winning Big Games will fix the recruiting issues"!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't get the video to play. Does he have a "Mean Streak?"

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Glad we upgraded 1/5 of our starting O-Line. But, for a program that touts itself as specializing in player development, we sure do rely a lot on 1-2 year rentals who are already developed when they arrive.
How long does player development take? As for relying on rentals, is it bad to fill spots with transfers? I don't think its a bad thing. With the portal the way it is taking 1 developed player a year seems reasonable and wise.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Developing a guy within a year seems quick, but maybe its just semantics. We've definitely taken a lot of transfers, but only a couple i would consider developed. We need to recruit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.