Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Once you get the stink of that program on you, I'd vote no forever. The dwags may be a more important conference game, but the holes' stink is too unbearable to consider any transfers. Please no.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Agreed. That and didn't all four WR seniors make NFL teams.?.?.

I agree with Donk to a degree...Grimes hasn't set the world on fire. But being 4th, in this scheme, with four NFL caliber seniors ahead of you, isn't bad. As usual, I think Donk is being extreme. Clearly, this will be the year to gauge how successful the Grimes transfer was. But it's been fairly successful to date.

And 300+ YPG passing with an OL that couldn’t run block and, as Donk would say, Houston Baptist’s QB. Very different year.

It’s Grimes’ time to step up and be the guy. I hope he does, but we need to see “did” instead of “gonna.” Everyone looks great in the preseason.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
75f5ec1c70b723.gif
I was going for a completely different movie reference, but you do you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Once you get the stink of that program on you, I'd vote no forever. The dwags may be a more important conference game, but the holes' stink is too unbearable to consider any transfers. Please no.
sometimes I don't know what's wrong with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And 300+ YPG passing with an OL that couldn’t run block and, as Donk would say, Houston Baptist’s QB. Very different year.

It’s Grimes’ time to step up and be the guy. I hope he does, but we need to see “did” instead of “gonna.” Everyone looks great in the preseason.
yeah somehow this became me making the assertion that Grimes sucks. that's not what I said. I said he hasn't done anything. (I also said that's mostly because the offensive scheme sucks)

we hope he'll do something. but he hasn't done anything. he's not one of the top 50 receivers in the SEC in yardage, likely.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
yeah somehow this became me making the assertion that Grimes sucks...

Considering 93.78% of your posts involve, “_______________________ sucks,” why would you be surprised when someone interprets your comments that way? And yes, I did the math.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
yeah somehow this became me making the assertion that Grimes sucks. that's not what I said. I said he hasn't done anything. (I also said that's mostly because the offensive scheme sucks)

we hope he'll do something. but he hasn't done anything. he's not one of the top 50 receivers in the SEC in yardage, likely.
Last season, Grimes had 491 yards (third among UF WRs; fourth if you include Pitts), which put him just outside the SEC top 20. With Jefferson and Swain gone, I'd have to imagine his yardage will go up significantly. While I tend to agree with you about our scheme, I was surprised to see UF threw for almost 4,000 yds last season (3,910 to be precise).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Last season, Grimes had 491 yards (third among UF WRs; fourth if you include Pitts), which put him just outside the SEC top 20. With Jefferson and Swain gone, I'd have to imagine his yardage will go up significantly. While I tend to agree with you about our scheme, I was surprised to see UF threw for almost 4,000 yds last season (3,910 to be precise).

We threw for roughly 39 yards per game less than we did in 1996. That's it. The signature difference, as my esteemed colleague mentioned earlier, was that we didn't have an Ike or Reidel level WR to just dominate opponents last season. We had really good VJ and Swain as our top 2 wideouts, and then a lot of solid guys that all contributed plus a highly targeted TE, neither of which were the case in '96. That had a huge impact on Grimes last year. As I said, if he doesn't put up this year, then we can call him a bit of a disappointment. But the spreading around to a lot of guys(see "most WR's drafted ever" stat) was the biggest reason his numbers weren't better.

The scheme in itself plays a role obviously. But it also wasn't Spurrier's nature to spread things around as much as it has seemed to be under Mullen. He just kept killing you with the same guy(s) and it couldn't be stopped. It'll be interesting to see what changes this year if/when there aren't as many proven WRs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We threw for roughly 39 yards per game less than we did in 1996. That's it. The signature difference,
Wow. Astonishing. How are are you? Were you even around then?

The primary difference was at least two TDs per game.... but it goes well beyond stats. The real key we did MOST of the scoring (and yardage) in the first half and yawned on the sideline in the second half, knowing that the Mullin or Muschamp on the other side had no chance of scoring enough catchup and was likely just killing the clock too in order to keep it from looking even worse.

It is the complete opposite of Mr Monkey Fuchsing a football trying to get the option to work for three quarters then desperately coming from behind in the 4th quarter vs Kintucky and USC and many others.... or finally putting the game away late against any team that isnt a directional school.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. Astonishing. How are are you? Were you even around then?

The primary difference was at least two TDs per game.... but it goes well beyond stats. The real key we did MOST of the scoring (and yardage) in the first half and yawned on the sideline in the second half, knowing that the Mullin or Muschamp on the other side had no chance of scoring enough catchup and was likely just killing the clock too in order to keep it from looking even worse.

It is the complete opposite of Mr Monkey Fuchsing a football trying to get the option to work for three quarters then desperately coming from behind in the 4th quarter vs Kintucky and USC and many others.... or finally putting the game away late against any team that isnt a directional school.

What does that have to do with my post? I was very clear that schemes were different, and TDs was never in the discussion. Where this all started was my saying that Grimes #3 stats were because (in addition to scheme) the stable of other WR's that also got touches. We used 3 primary WRs in 1996 and Allen at TE was lightly used. We used 6-7 guys consistently and made Pitts the center piece of the offense. That's not debatable. That's math. When those yards came, where things were score-wise, etc. has no bearing. This may come as a surprise, but I wasn't putting last year's team on par with '96. The yards being distributed and the role that played in a second-tier WR's production is what was in question.

Btw, no need for the face palm. Yes, I know I was embellishing a bit and using over-the-top speech that I'd hoped no one would question. But I just thought "esteemed colleague" sounded so much better than "junior associate". Noted for future reference though.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
What does that have to do with my post? I was very clear that schemes were different, and TDs was never in the discussion. Where this all started was my saying that Grimes #3 stats were because (in addition to scheme) the stable of other WR's that also got touches. We used 3 primary WRs in 1996 and Allen at TE was lightly used. We used 6-7 guys consistently and made Pitts the center piece of the offense. That's not debatable. That's math. When those yards came, where things were score-wise, etc. has no bearing. This may come as a surprise, but I wasn't putting last year's team on par with '96. The yards being distributed and the role that played in a second-tier WR's production is what was in question.

Btw, no need for the face palm. Yes, I know I was embellishing a bit and using over-the-top speech that I'd hoped no one would question. But I just thought "esteemed colleague" sounded so much better than "junior associate". Noted for future reference though.
If you question the narrative, you'll always get a facepalm (or stoned or drunk or WTF). Doesn't matter if your point is supported by facts. As you already know, it's who he is. To Swonk, there is only one competent coach in the history of UF and no one else will ever be his equal; no matter how many titles that guy might win. I always picture him to be like those Bama fans who appreciate Saban, but in the next breath will say "but he's no Bear Bryant."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I know I was embellishing a bit and using over-the-top speech that I'd hoped no one would question.
I will give you some credit for that part.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
[QUOTE="soflagator, post: 1125839, member: 307] Yes, I know I was embellishing a bit and using over-the-top speech that I'd hoped no one would question.
I will give you some credit for that part.[/QUOTE]

Still won’t take back the facepalm though...he has an image to uphold

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I will give you some credit for that part.

555e67956e5d015.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.