Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
turns out Masturbaitn Gator was correct and he has been a starter. I don't remember him so that probably means he wasn't much of a starter but he did start.
I was told no one else can play until they are senior because they don't know the playbook. I guess we're going to make an exception here..

Playbook? Does Grantham have a playbook? Anybody can drop 20 yards on 3rd & 9 and give up 10 yards with only a couple of weeks in the athletic cafeteria.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grad transfer + Covid year for two years eligibility?
Senior last year per the roster. So Covid exception means senior again this year.

It has nothing to do with their academic standing. You dont get a fifth year for going to grad school if youve already used 4 years of eligibility.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was apparently participating in Auburn's fall camp and left a couple weeks ago. The Auburn board says he may not have liked the new DL coach, not sure. Also says his stats aren't overly impressive but he takes up OLs often, allowing the LBs to do their job - but "don't expect him to be in the opponents backfield". Either way, this is a solid pick up - it allows us to not rely on Humphries, Lee, or one of the other younger guys too much.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Truesdell has been at Auburn for 4 years. He started 2 of those years. He was expected to be a big part of their rotation this season. He then transfers? Assuming no off the field issues, this smacks of "I hate the new coaching staff." According to all of the articles I have read, his job was to take up space, to clog the middle and he did it well. Guys like him won't end up on stat sheets. They enable other guys to get the glory. I'm glad we got him so Choker can crosstrain Truesdell everywhere but the position he has been playing his entire SEC career.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Truesdell has been at Auburn for 4 years. He started 2 of those years. He was expected to be a big part of their rotation this season. He then transfers? Assuming no off the field issues, this smacks of "I hate the new coaching staff." According to all of the articles I have read, his job was to take up space, to clog the middle and he did it well. Guys like him won't end up on stat sheets. They enable other guys to get the glory. I'm glad we got him so Choker can crosstrain Truesdell everywhere but the position he has been playing his entire SEC career.

I don't think the issue is that we got him, just why did we need to get him and why wait until the 1st week of the season. And if it was such a need, why was it a need. Screams of poor roster management.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TAccording to all of the articles I have read, his job was to take up space, to clog the middle and he did it well. Guys like him won't end up on stat sheets. .
I have no problem with guys like this. It is what a 2 gap DL is SUPPOSED to be.

Third and Grantham has historically had nothing to do with it though.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@247SportsPortal: Florida LB Andrew Chatfield has entered the transfer portal. A four-star prospect in the 2018 class, Chatfield finished the 2020 season with 13 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 4 TFLs. Via @Swamp_247

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@247SportsPortal: Florida LB Andrew Chatfield has entered the transfer portal. A four-star prospect in the 2018 class, Chatfield finished the 2020 season with 13 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 4 TFLs. Via @Swamp_247

We must be deep to be letting 4-star LB's go

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he was never a linebacker. he is a micro defensive end

and we have the same garbage talent in the same garbage coach at linebacker we've always had. Burnie the strong safety pretending to be a linebacker, and V Miller, the guy who is too slow to cover Fridge Perry out of the backfield.

and a dwag ga to coach them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sometimes I really wonder if you understand how these things work... you don't understand what option means, and you assume that if a kid enters the portal it has to be because we let him go.... really?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Transfer portal doesnt mean left the team. It just basically means eligible to talk with other teams about transferring.

obviously the defensive tackle we just took from Barn was in the transfer portal the whole time but still practicing with Barn until last week

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Either way, this is a solid pick up - it allows us to not rely on Humphries, Lee, or one of the other younger guys too much.

Agree.

I think I saw Lee without pads on the sideline last night. Either he’s not ready or he’s hurt. We had 8 DTs but it is really good to have him while the young guys grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.