Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I can understand the transfer--as any athlete wants playing time; but like others, can't understand the desire to do this with 2 games still to go...and especially with our WR room missing Shorter still.

Heck...by buckling down, working harder, and seizing the opportunities over the next few games--that'll open up opportunities for him no matter what: either here (by catching our coaches' attention) or elsewhere (by showing other coaches he can put in the work).

Disappointing move for a guy I always liked.
You always want to see local guys do well & it sucks he's leaving on a sour note.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I liked Whittemore, but I can’t stand these guys who leave while the season is still going on. I realize that his team isn’t going to the playoffs, and would totally get his skipping the bowl game, but the last two regular season games? Seems weak to me.
There is a deadline to put your name in the portal. The guy was a lifelong Gator fan, local kid and graduated, he checked all his boxes and was a great kid that didn’t have the next level skills. 33 catches over 3 years is all he could muster, wish him the best and move on!

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
There is a deadline to put your name in the portal. The guy was a lifelong Gator fan, local kid and graduated, he checked all his boxes and was a great kid that didn’t have the next level skills. 33 catches over 3 years is all he could muster, wish him the best and move on!
This year, the deadline opens December 5th and closes January 18. He had time.

As a lifelong Gator fan one would have thought he’d want to wear the uniform as long as he could, particularly in another SEC game and against a hated rival.

And I do wish him the best and had you not made your post, would have moved on.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This year, the deadline opens December 5th and closes January 18. He had time.

As a lifelong Gator fan one would have thought he’d want to wear the uniform as long as he could, particularly in another SEC game and against a hated rival.

And I do wish him the best and had you not made your post, would have moved on.
You do know you can put your name in the portal and still suit up correct, just ask Copeland?

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Apparently, Rick Wells took to twitter to voice his opinion about Trents decision to transfer.

“You gotta really compete now! Daddy and coach relationship don’t matter no more,” Wells said.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@zach_goodall: Redshirt freshman TE Nick Elksnis is the sixth Florida player to announce they won't be with the team beyond the 2022 season.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And a gator legacy by being the son of Missy Whittemore a three time All SEC volleyball player.

I really wish things had worked out better for him here so I wish him the best.

Rhvgator

Mar 10, 2021
Maybe the players entering the portal are being asked by the coaches “hey, have you looked to see what other opportunities there are for you out there?”

The running backs and many of the WR’s that are currently ahead of the portal transfers are BN guys.

Maybe the guys transferring don’t necessarily want to transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.