Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
But it appears, at least, that Black was dismissed, similar to Cox. My point was that even the 3rd string guys, if they’re buying in, aren’t getting sent packing. Maybe encouraged to seek other options, but not dismissed. This is/was about attitude, imo.
Yes. As evidenced in failure to get with the program - be it self-discipline, effort, weed, whatever.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Listened to BN presser and he was pretty mum about it other than the academics part. He hit the "that's all I'm gonna say about that" statement. I am with most of you that there was a lot more than the "academics" that went along with it as alluded to in his comment. Glad to see we have a coach with some backbone. What is also telling is that those that won't stick out the season and get in the portal and leave. But also credit to those "decisions that will be coming soon" are apparently staying to finish it out. BN gave them kudos for doing so. Making room for what I see as arrivals Napier is working on. We are going to have some young talent.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I think part of this BS about leaving the team during the season is on the NCAA and their timing of opening the portal. They shouldn't allow active players to enter the portal until the regular season is completed and it might stop some of this stuff. The other side of the argument is a kid like Whittemore who had a decent role with the last coach and for some reason can't sniff the field with this staff want's to get his name out there ASAP to create some potential demand for his services. Just my opinion.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems odd. Black was all Gator. Wanted to be a Gator but didn't qualify so went JUCO then finally became a Gator. Now he's being kicked from the team. Something just seems odd but I guess we have to trust the coach knows more than us. Wittemore made some nice plays when Trask was our QB but couldn't stay healthy. He's a hometown boy too so that was even more reason to love him as a Gator. Really sucks to see guys who enjoyed being a Gator leave, but with the new staff turn-over happens. Wish them luck where they land in life.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think part of this BS about leaving the team during the season is on the NCAA and their timing of opening the portal. They shouldn't allow active players to enter the portal until the regular season is completed and it might stop some of this stuff. The other side of the argument is a kid like Whittemore who had a decent role with the last coach and for some reason can't sniff the field with this staff want's to get his name out there ASAP to create some potential demand for his services. Just my opinion.
Given the deadline isn't until January for spring transfer, I don't blame the NCAA. As Napier pointed out, some guys are going to enter the portal later, but are going to complete the season with the team. The way I see it, this is totally on the players who have already quit on their teammates. I say leave it as it is, so we (or more importantly, the coaches) can know who has already checked out. No sense wasting each others time.

If I were a coach, I wouldn't want a guy from the portal who didn't see the season through, unless it was due to injury or some non-football reason.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
This kid worked really hard to be a Gator. You hate it for him, about all you can do as a fan is trust the coaching staff’s decision and wish him well at his next stop.
Good luck young man, thank you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seems odd. Black was all Gator. Wanted to be a Gator but didn't qualify so went JUCO then finally became a Gator. Now he's being kicked from the team. Something just seems odd but I guess we have to trust the coach knows more than us. Wittemore made some nice plays when Trask was our QB but couldn't stay healthy. He's a hometown boy too so that was even more reason to love him as a Gator. Really sucks to see guys who enjoyed being a Gator leave, but with the new staff turn-over happens. Wish them luck where they land in life.

He was really tied to Mullen more than UF. He’d committed there before DM left and followed him here. So this one is the least surprising to me. And if it’s academics, again it’s in him. You have to be able to handle that aspect as well. If anything his being buried in the depth chart in this defense should’ve been a bit of a wake up call that he might need a degree in his life rathe than focusing on making foot his career. I didn’t want to lose him, but I’m guessing our hands were somewhat tied.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
We're missing a ton of WRs for this week's game...kinda unfortunate that Whittemore chose this week to bow out: he would've had a decent opportunity to go out on a high note.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Given the deadline isn't until January for spring transfer, I don't blame the NCAA. As Napier pointed out, some guys are going to enter the portal later, but are going to complete the season with the team. The way I see it, this is totally on the players who have already quit on their teammates. I say leave it as it is, so we (or more importantly, the coaches) can know who has already checked out. No sense wasting each others time.

If I were a coach, I wouldn't want a guy from the portal who didn't see the season through, unless it was due to injury or some non-football reason.
Sort of! By game ten you are either in the rotation or you are not. Either the player has already quit, coaches have written them off or they aren't good enough. So why even open the portal until the regular season is over? Why create unnecessary drama? It's stupid, but who ever said the NCAA was smart or logical?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sort of! By game ten you are either in the rotation or you are not. Either the player has already quit, coaches have written them off or they aren't good enough. So why even open the portal until the regular season is over? Why create unnecessary drama? It's stupid, but who ever said the NCAA was smart or logical?
Just cause you’re not in the rotation doesn’t mean you can’t help your team. Didn’t you ever see “Rudy?”

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't find my post of transfer predictions. I know I didn't have black on the post but everyone else is falling in line.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Must make the required academic progress in order to participate or transfer. He has no chance unless he devotes full time to study which he has already proven he can’t do in a timely fashion.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I know there is a kicker in the portal right now with, I believe, 2 years of eligibility. He's spent two years at VSU doing ALL the kicking (kickoffs, PATs, punting and field goals. His specialty is FGs) and led the team in scoring both years and has won ST player of the Week multiple times as well as annual awards each year. His name is Estin Thiele and he's from St. Augustine. Great kid from a great family that can also out-fish ya for reds any day of the week.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know there is a kicker in the portal right now with, I believe, 2 years of eligibility. He's spent two years at VSU doing ALL the kicking (kickoffs, PATs, punting and field goals. His specialty is FGs) and led the team in scoring both years and has won ST player of the Week multiple times as well as annual awards each year. His name is Estin Thiele and he's from St. Augustine. Great kid from a great family that can also out-fish ya for reds any day of the week.
Gotta be better than tweedle duhhhhh

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just thinking about the preseason transfers. Gamble has 7 catches at UCF. They throw to their TEs a little less than we do.

WDNHA (we didn’t need him anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.