Trask breaks foot running trick play in practice

If you had to choose one, which would it be?

• Coke

Votes: 94 79.0%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 25 21.0%

• Total voters

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
That is one cute boy in the picture. Does he belong to you?
Thanks so much Oxking....he is indeed my first born. That picture was taken last year after he caught his first blackfin tuna. He has been indoctrinated to the UF blue and orange since he came out of the womb.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And realistically, this will put and end to the EJ redshirt business which is stupid anyway.
Agree about the reshirt... unless Mullen was playing the long game. If EJ comes in and lights it up does our current QB commit reconsider? Does he worry he’ll get redshirted and will only have 2 years as a starter? These kids these days, especially highly recruited QB’s, don’t wanna sit for two or three years and wait their turn anymore. Idk... just wondering if that was part of Mullen’s thinking.... knowing EJ was next years starter but already having his successor on campus is a plus...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree about the reshirt... unless Mullen was playing the long game. If EJ comes in and lights it up does our current QB commit reconsider? Does he worry he’ll get redshirted and will only have 2 years as a starter? These kids these days, especially highly recruited QB’s, don’t wanna sit for two or three years and wait their turn anymore. Idk... just wondering if that was part of Mullen’s thinking.... knowing EJ was next years starter but already having his successor on campus is a plus...

I think it is more about not putting EJ behind this line, not potentially damaging him physically or mentally before next year.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
EJ probably only knows about 10% of the playbook. EJ has probably only got 10% of the snaps. That isn't something that you just overcome with talent at the college level ... peewee football, yes ... college, no. Any good DC, and Muschamp is a decent one, will sniff that ****e out and shut it down within about 2 possessions.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This truly SUX.

I wanted to see the kid play.

If it were me, I'd play EJ IF he were ready (ONLY) As Mullen said, you can ruin a kid playing him too early.

Otherwise, he would play some next week or most of next week BUT I'd keep the Red Shirt.

I hope QB is addressed this year. Teams like OSU had a back-up that now starts for LSU.

And if I'm EJ and JJ (When he come in) my nose is in the playbook ALL Spring and Summer. I'd be getting real close to next years WR and OL and paracticing on my own

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BREAKING:

This book was apparently found attached to Trask's clipboard:

Oh Snap!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This won't impact Jalon Jones one bit. The QB recruiting game is different nowadays. The top QBs commit quickly to secure their spot. Sure, plenty of schools would take him...but any of them worth a sh*t already has their primary QB target committed. So, Jalon would be the 2nd QB in that class. It's a non-issue what happens w/ Emory.

The best thing to come out of this injury to Trask is that EJ gets moved to the #2 spot and gets significantly more PT/reps in practice. Too bad this happened so late in the week, so he really doesn't have time for much of a 'package'. But at this point in the season, he should have enough of the playbook down to run enough plays to move the offense - and he can run/extend plays better than Franks. I'm just curious if this changes Mullen's mind on the redshirt issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb