Trask breaks the TOP 10 in QBR

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is efficient. I had my doubts but he has totally outperformed my expectations. You wonder what went on at practice though. He's clearly a better passer than FF. I mean it's not even close.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Trask is efficient. I had my doubts but he has totally outperformed my expectations. You wonder what went on at practice though. He's clearly a better passer than FF. I mean it's not even close.
What happened at practice is CDM didn't figure out he had a passing team until Franks was injured...

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I like that the ball is getting spread around so much. I heard today on the radio that we have like 8 guys with more than a 100 yards receiving and will likely add a ninth when Toney come back. Anyways, evidently this many people with at least a 100 yards receiving for us hasn’t happened since 1992.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I like that the ball is getting spread around so much. I heard today on the radio that we have like 8 guys with more than a 100 yards receiving and will likely add a ninth when Toney come back. Anyways, evidently this many people with at least a 100 yards receiving for us hasn’t happened since 1992.
Definitely a double edged sword...how do you get elite guys to UF that want to be showcased?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Definitely a double edged sword...how do you get elite guys to UF that want to be showcased?

I doubt this will continue annually. I haven’t dug into our receiving stats, but I’m sure 3 or 4 guys likely have the bulk of the catches and yards. Pitts really seems to be getting showcased lately cause he’s such a mismatch. Just shows that Trask will spread the ball around well and defenses have to respect all receivers. No way Franks would’ve spread the ball around this well. When Mullen does finally have a QB that fits the offense he really wants to run, with the QB being a big run threat, probably see the ball being spread around a lot less. Doesn’t mean that we won’t be successful that way, it’s just the offense that Mullen envisions I believe.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What happened at practice is CDM didn't figure out he had a passing team until Franks was injured...
I haven't been very critical of CDM but one has to wonder with our receivers being the best group on the team...and trask actually having the ability to get them the ball...wtf was he thinking?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to the Kid, he deserves it.

BTW, WTF is that Dwag Fromm?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Just go watch his film in the 4rth quarter against Missouri last year. He was carving them up in short order after 3 quarters of futility with Franks. No way we would have lost that game if he started. We all chose to act in disbelief and blow it off as a one quarter garbage time performance. But now hindsight is 20/20. The guy is great.

More importantly, he has a solid good character and great upbringing, and chose to stick to UF instead of bailing out. I really hope we see him for another season at UF. We will still have a decent WR room next year with Grimes, Copeland, Toney around and maybe we see some youngsters come in like Westin and co.

Trask is a Gator through and through.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
against UM he threw to 7 diff. receivers.............against Towson 11 diff. receivers 25/27 passing.

I’ve been a big Franks apologist, but no way would the ball have continued to get spread around like Trask has the past 5 games. Franks had improved, but he didn’t seem to like to throw it over the middle much, and that’s what has opened up under Trask. Doubt we win KY game had Franks played the whole game. We have a great group of receivers and we have a QB now that can take advantage of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.