Trask Declares for the draft

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Trask is a better QB prospect than all but Lawrence and Wilson. The fact people have Trey Lance and Mac Jones ahead of him is laughable. Go ahead and add Dwayne Haskins 2.0 (aka Justin Fields) to the list.

I hope Trask goes to the draft and is scooped by a competent franchise like the Steelers or Patriots, and he kills it.

One year wonder QBs rarely do well in the nfl. I wouldn't touch Trey Lance until the 3rd round. As for Fields, you are correct. Fields has a terrible time working through his progressions. Here is one scouting report on Fields,

Too often, at least in 2020, Fields has been a “see-it” thrower. This means he must see a receiver come wide open out of his break before he pulls the trigger. Because Ohio State is so superior to most of its competition and Fields has above-average arm talent among NFL prospects, he’s able to get away with this. That is, until better competition rises up to stop him, as was the case with Northwestern and Indiana this season.
~ Sources: Dane Bruglar and Matt Miller

Fields is not a first round QB at all.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not very mobile.

It would be better for him to be a mid 1st round pick. Teams with high draft picks tend to have massive issues in the trenches. He’s not very mobile and would not be very successful in that environment IMO.

There was a time when that wouldn’t be an issue. It is now. I had to laugh at Brady’s reaction to Dungy rating him the sixth most difficult passer to defend based on his mobility.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Trask senses Mullen doesn't want him to return, does he have the option of entering the portal if he's adamant on playing another year of college?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. Do you want championships? Or QB rushing yards?

All these kids can scramble out of danger. Even Mahomes is a decent runner, and my God can he throw on the run. What it’s done is make GMs think it’s a necessary extra element. I don’t know. Brady’s still awfully good at what he does as shown by Sunday’s win over ATL.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask senses Mullen doesn't want him to return, does he have the option of entering the portal if he's adamant on playing another year of college?
That would make even less sense.

Even if that were the case, he would just roll the dice with the NFL.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Trask comes across as a true gator. He bleeds orange and blue. You could see how badly Trask wanted to beat bama. Dude left it all on the field. He was crushed by that loss. I can't picture him playing for another college.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I hope Trask goes to the draft and is scooped by a competent franchise like the Steelers or Patriots, and he kills it.

This. Due to Trask's limited PT over the last 8 years, his best bet is to be drafted by a team who doesn't need him right away. Let him hold the clipboard for a couple of years while learning the offense. He'll have a much better chance at success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All these kids can scramble out of danger
Right, being a passer who can scramble a little is totally different than being a fullback who can pass a little.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Trask knows that Grantham will be gone.

This guy IS a TEAM Guy! And he is loving playing CFB. If he is slated to go a the bottom of the QB class, take out some insurance and come back.

PLEASE!

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lot of rumors now swirling that Trask is considering a transfer to UGA. Something happened and he's not happy.

yvnzhycukdour1oceegt

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right now he is rated as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. This is a bad quarterback draft with one sure fire pick (Lawrence), a second solid NFL starting prospect (Fields), and a bunch of question marks at the qb position. Next year more scouting will happen and more prospects will be in play. This is the class he can get the most initially money out of, it would be moronic to stay.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Based on sideline interactions, I think he and Jones are pretty tight. He's not going to stay and take away from Jones' chance at the limelight imo. Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw something on facebook this morning stating that Trask would play in the bowl game even though he's declared for the draft. Don't think he can return once he's already declared, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator