Trask Declares for the draft

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That's my point, guys that wouldn't get 1st round grade this year, wouldn't be first round grades in previous or later years. This is the perfect year for a guy to come out that would be a fringe guy in another year.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Anyone who wants Trask to come back should ponder the pro careers of Kerwin Bell and Tim Tebow, who also lost their best receivers and spent their senior years regressing as passers.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. It’s time for him to move on and test the waters. I think NFL scouts — the good ones at least— are smart enough to look past last night for what it was, an unfortunate shyt show that Trask was thrust into as a willing victim.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Best of luck. Could have transferred multiple times long before we knew he could play or had any talent to some Division 7 school and try to play. I am sorry it took a serious injury to someone to allow the geniuses that run our program to see that he had some skills. He deserves to be lauded for being a great teammate for what 8 years, LOL.

I hope he can find a potential good backup role and make a living in the NFL. I have my doubts but he is still "young" as a QB. The way the game is played today, it helps to be more mobile than many years ago, and Trask has no mobility. Pocket presence aside, he just does not have good escapeability. I also think he is a little slow to process, but he will have time to study, learn and no limits on practice. Best of luck.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Best of luck. Could have transferred multiple times long before we knew he could play or had any talent to some Division 7 school and try to play. I am sorry it took a serious injury to someone to allow the geniuses that run our program to see that he had some skills. He deserves to be lauded for being a great teammate for what 8 years, LOL.

I hope he can find a potential good backup role and make a living in the NFL. I have my doubts but he is still "young" as a QB. The way the game is played today, it helps to be more mobile than many years ago, and Trask has no mobility. Pocket presence aside, he just does not have good escapeability. I also think he is a little slow to process, but he will have time to study, learn and no limits on practice. Best of luck.

All good points. But if Driskel can last this long as a back up, then I'm sure he could easily last just as long in a slot like that. I hope more success for him, but even if he makes millions not being hit be opposing defenses, he's still in the NFL.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Like I said before, Trask is a bad ass. He did things that the world will likely never see again. He is a true gator great that will go down in history with the most uncommon story ever told. I hope he succeeds in the NFL and gets rich. Good luck Gator!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said before, Trask is a bad ass. He did things that the world will likely never see again. He is a true gator great that will go down in history with the most uncommon story ever told. I hope he succeeds in the NFL and gets rich. Good luck Gator!
Kid desperately wanted a win in Texas in front of his family.

And Dancin Dan took a shtt in the middle of the field and said he opted out instead.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

And Dancin Dan took a shtt in the middle of the field and said he opted out instead.

Yeah I heard he had Trask running and diving into a brick wall in practice to get used to what he would have him do in the game.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Yep, that’s exactly what fcvkin Mullen did. He sux balls and so does his staff. 8-4 finish. A better coach has us going into the SECCG undefeated with the offensive talent we had but not this clown!

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Historically good offense, and yet 4 loss also ran team with a 6mil a year also ran coach. But hey, he's getting paid with his bud Todd, laughing all the way to the bank.
Relentless effort my ass!
Gator standard HA

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Moved up as one of my favorites of all time. Truly hope he lands on the right team and has a good career. Hell Driskel is still in the league. Going late first or second might actually be a good thing for him.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Call me crazy, but I don't think last night hurt Trask in the draft one bit. NFL scouts aren't stupid. They will clearly see why he had a bad game last night and how most of it wasn't on him. I actually think scouts are going to see a guy that is a "team guy" and not a "me guy." A guy that didn't quit on his team or his fans. A guy that could've (and arguably should've) opted out, but instead went out there and try to do the impossible because he cares more about others than himself.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Hope he goes to a team with a decent coach and maybe an older brother in front of him to learn from which I could see him getting as a second rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator